Note to New Members ×

Any DIY builders on here?

MUD

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any guys/gals on here (other than the obvious) that are building boards in their garage or basements (or elsewhere)?

I am thinking of doing this for fun and am looking for people to bounce ideas off or just talk shop.

I am still in the planning/research phase.

Plan to build a 131 cm twin tip for my son, then X-country skis for wife, and then a 170 + carver for myself.

I'm still in reseearch phase, too. Looks to me like vacuum bagging is the least expensive way to go. Gonna be milling some poplar tomorrow. Hope to use that for some of the 'light & soft' component in my lamination.

Eager to swap ideas.

cheers & good surf to ya

I'm not, but I know a guy who is...

http://www.happymonkeysnowboards.com/mike/index.htm

He has some happy customers, and a "do it right" attitude that inspires confidence in his product. I took a couple runs on one board last year, and I think I will be demoing another prototype in the next week or two.

I'm all about bouncing ideas. I can't wait to try some laminations with carbon fiber X patterns to minimize torsional flex, and experiment with core profiles, and whatever else comes to mind.