Note to New Members ×

Utah "Instructor"

Deadshred

I was at Brighton last year, and I rode with the head trainer for their snowboard school. He was in soft boots at the time, but he actually approached me because of my setup. He said that he did a lot of training w/the US snowboard team. He also said that he raced a lot. I cannot verify his claims - although these credentials were also on his business card. His riding, and his knowledge of riding seemed pretty sound. He was also an AASI L3 which a lot of people don't put much stock in, but I do. Sorry, I don't remember his name. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

If Skully for some reason isn't available when you come, a friend of mine teaches at Park City. His name is Gregg McCormick, he's level 3 certified and has a great understanding of hardbooting, he is also pretty good at it as well.

Phil was the person you met at Brighton name Mike Reilly? I'm really sorry if it was because he isn't the head trainer for their ski school, nor is he a level 3, he has only done one race, and has never ridden with the U.S. Team. He tried to get a job teaching at P.C. and told them he is already on the Olympic team for 2006. We did some checking on his credentials they are made up, sorry if got caught by him.

That may have been him. Like I said, I don't remember his name. If it was - oh well. I was only with him for a couple runs. I never tried to verify his claims because it really didn't mean anything to me. I guess we all have our delusions of grandeur - some just have them a little worse than others. Thanks for clearing that up.

-Phil-

Hello,

I saw Phil throwing Greg's name around above. He's a great teacher, does ride well and has contributed a lot to the pieces in my "alpine puzzle."

I'm sure he'd be glad to give some instruction if his schedule permits. I'll give you his # after I give him a ring and make sure he doesn't mind a home call.

I think it would be advantageous to get set up with him early or I'd just recommend asking for him at the school. He's very busy these days.

Anywho,

I'll be in touch with you via email.

Davo

What dates are you here? And what type of instruction are you looking for? I am on injured reseved and may be avalible. E-mail me. I am sure Scully,Phil and Eddie can back my credentails if need be. Also I am much less pricey then Greg at PC

I had a sweet rag doll session at Snowbasin in the Nar!

Couple cracked and broken ribs a small chip in my scapula, And a hole in my helmet the size of a silver dollar, But a head that sort of works. Or at least is getting better. Steep Deep and Rocky. thats where it's fun to fall.