Note to New Members ×

F2 "off the shelf" tuning

gibbons

Whenever I got a new pair of skis, I always tuned them the way I liked before I ever took them out. That included a progressive detuning the shovels, etc. I have a new F2 board, and am wondering if they take the time to tune them at the factory, or assume that everyone will just do their own. I am still a little hazy on optimal tune for an alpine board anyway. Skis are easy, 3 degree side, 1 degree bottom, flat pTex. Does F2 have standard, common angles they use on all their boards?

F2s raceboards comes ready to rock with a ravine cut and 1 degree bevel. The edge is broken on the nose.

I do 3 degre sidewalls and keep the bevel. And take away the broken nose as I only freecarve and want grip grip grip and more grip.

Carve low!

Thanks Mats - I hope you guys have snow...we are getting a VERY late start to theseason here in Vermont!

My F2 Speedster RS just arrived...seems like the nose and tail are detuned to about 1cm back from the edge contact point and there is indeed a 1degree base bevel. Side edges are 90 degrees - I know this because I applied black marker to the edge then ran my 3 degree tool over it an it only removed the black from the part of theedge closest to the topsheet.