Note to New Members ×

Telemarketer phone call

C5 Golfer

I answered the door naked a few times when they came by really early. They haven't been back since :biggthump . Telemarketers....I never have the bearing to prank them when they call. I think I may have to work on it a bit.

My son did a good one a while back, he said to the Telemarketer he was also a telemarketer and was selling Electronic fly swatters so my son said "if you buy my product, I will buy yours", the marketer said, "Thanks but I do not need an electronic fly swatter, so my son then said "how about my truck? It is for sale, same deal"

Telemarketer said, " No Thanks" So my son said "let me talk to your supervisor" telemarketer said "Why?" with a worrisome tone. My son said "I want to ask him if he needs a truck" The marketer laughed and hung up.

My stepdaughter's old (literally) piano teacher would do this to telemarketers; They would ask if Mr. [insert name] was home, she would say she would check, (he had died 10 yrs previously) put the phone down, come back to it in 10-15 minutes and say "I'm sorry, he died 10 years ago"! Sorry to see her pass on, she was a riot.

Try this if you can do it without laughing.

When you answer the phone and he/she says "Blah blah ....."

You say " Can you speak up, I can barely hear you"

They say louder " Blah blah....."

You say "That's a little better but still maybe little louder, sounds like you are very far away"

Let them talk for a little bit and say again "I can barely hear you"

See how far you can push the envelope.

Some old college friends of mine used to do this when they were just sitting around drinking and playing cards. One answers the phone, then listens to the whole pitch (actually put the phone down and pick it up once in a while saying "uh-huh, please continue"). Then say "sorry, not interested but maybe my roommate is" and pass the phone to the next guy, who does the same thing. Keep passing the phone around the room until the telemarketer figures it out and hangs up.

My own response is to identify the pitch ASAP and say "not interested", as the phone is heading for the hook. My usual response to the JWs is "sorry, but we worship Satan here".

My usual response to the JWs is "sorry, but we worship Satan here".

Thats what usually pull, tried converting one to paegenisme once .... didnt work out too well but I think I put some doubt in his mind about his own religion. I guess I'll have to try harder next time.

That's hysterical! Id love to prank those guys one of these days, i almost tried something like that today when my doctor's secretary called... she mispronounced my last name so i assumed it was a telemarketer at first but then realized it was actually important when she said who it was:o

My usual response to the JWs is "sorry, but we worship Satan here".

Gorgeous! I change my religion every time they come around. Or if I see them coming, I just let the dogs out.

The one that intrigues me is the Mormons. Somebody told me that the guys have chastity underwear so they don't "get into trouble". I've always fancied finding out if it's true. :eplus2:

The one time I ever baby sat in my life some JH's came over and they were around my age and probably went to the local high school. I basically flirted with them to the point of making them feel uncomfortable. I had additionally been taking a course at the local junior college on comparative religion so I also got to share my views and talk about similarities, differences and then try to convert. They were cute :lurk:

A friend of mine would go through this routine:

They knock on the door, he opens, they ask where his dad is

In the shower

mom?

In the shower with him

Ask if he has time

I actually need to go shower too, sorry, bye

My family would prank people calling our house by picking up the phone and answering with "Birkenstock Shoe Department" (we live in the country), "xyz Police Station", "Maternity Ward" etc. Our friends caught on fairly quickly and it would just confuse the telemarketers.

Directions to my house include, "Turn onto the dirt road", "turn from the dirt road to the seasonal road", "take the offramp looking driveway... don't worry, it's there, just keep going."..... JH and other door to doors aren't really a problem... The UPS and Pizza delivery guy. Now there's a problem.

AS for telemarketers I'm usually just home from work and just want to sit down with a beer and watch some tube. If I see a number I don't recognize I'll sometimes answer with somethin goofy, but usually I pick up the phone and hang up after about 2 seconds..