Note to New Members ×

Skiercross Added to 2010 Olympics

bartron

In related news, they rejected women's ski jumping, which has severely pissed the women off.

The IOC passes over sport for spectator numbers and TV revenues. And we are surprised why??

However, I'm not complaining. I love boarderx and skierx. I'll admit it, I'm a rampant spectator ...

I assume they're going to use one course for both the snowboard race and the ski race.

'later...

I sure hope they don't. The Olympic course was so great. They used the terrain really well and it favored riding ability, not soft or hardboots. If they have to design a course for skiers and snowboarders it won't flow nearly as well for either sport and won't truely highlight the talents from either sport.

I sure hope they don't. The Olympic course was so great. They used the terrain really well and it favored riding ability, not soft or hardboots. If they have to design a course for skiers and snowboarders it won't flow nearly as well for either sport and won't truely highlight the talents from either sport.

That's my concern too. I fear the snowboardcross course will be a GS course with some bumps.

'later...

Wow.....the IOC is nuts.

While I like skierX and boarderX, they are not Olympic material.

It's a shame that skierX will get more attention than the combined events......

agreed!

maybe I'm just behind the times but I don't see why these events get so much coverage other than ESPN and pop culture like them because you can put the letter X in it and that makes it hip.

agreed!

maybe I'm just behind the times but I don't see why these events get so much coverage other than ESPN and pop culture like them because you can put the letter X in it and that makes it hip.

The letter X is inherently badass. Duh. Seriously. X-planes: Badass. I can't think of anything that would be more badass than Malcom X sitting in an X-plane eating Xtreme Corn Nuts while drinking Mountain Dew Xtreme.

Anyway...

I believe that the whole problem with the IOC is the fact that NBC gets EXCLUSIVE coverage of the games. If the rest of cable got to show the events, then maybe there could be seperate channels set up for each event. You could have an Ice sports channel for Speed Skating, Figure Skating, and Curling; there could be a Ski/Snowboard racing channel to cover all the various disciplines; a freestyle channel for Aerials, pipe, ect....It would allow people who want to watch certain events to actually watch them instead of seeing stupid commentators babbling about how much they (don't) know about the sport at hand :angryfire .

The letter X is inherently badass. Duh. Seriously. X-planes: Badass. I can't think of anything that would be more badass than Malcom X sitting in an X-plane eating Xtreme Corn Nuts while drinking Mountain Dew Xtreme.

After a day of X-country skiing. :lol:

Seriously though, the only time I like X is when it's followed by 'XX'.

That's about as serious as I'll get today. :)

'later...

Street Luge is WAYYY more eXciting than SkierCross. And while we are at it maybe we can do away with the Synchronized Swimming?!?

I enjoyed the X-Games way more when they had Street Luge and Downhill Skateboarding in summer and Super-Modified Shovel Racing and Downhill Mtn. Biking in winter...but advertising $$$ rule the day!