Note to New Members ×

2 Volkl 167's SBX for sale

Guest Alan

I LOVE :1luvu: my Volkl Cross 167 for general freeriding / teaching...got Burton Race Plates on it with my 3-buckle Burton Boilers - surfy and loose yet carveable.

Great boards at a great price - somebody grab 'em!

Alan - see you soon...I hope to join you guys for the Cranmore-Loon-Ragged SL/GS races again this year...now if it would only turn to winter arouind here!!

-Rick

Sidecut is listed on the following page as 9.58m but it is a "3D" sidecut (see further below for info from Volkl).

http://www.bomberonline.com/JackM/buyers_guide/buyers_guide.htm

What is 3D Sidecut Technology:

- The use of a new 3D design program that precisely matches the board's flex with it's sidecut.

- Volkl is able to design the sidecut while simulating a board's natural, flexed state as in a turn.

- This is truly different from conventional 2D CAD technology, in which the sidecut is matched to flat circles in 2 dimensions.

What Does 3D Do?

- Full edge contact is created from tip to tail the moment the board becomes tipped on edge.

- As a result, less pressure is required to get the board into the turn, which translates to easier turn initiation.

- The synergy between flex and sidecut creates uncanny smoothness at all speeds.

- Bottom line? Versatility, stability, feel, balance, edge grip, and increased power are readily available with less effort.

...and more...

DDD Sidecut

In the development of the DDD sidecut, it was our goal to be able to ensure an equal tip-to-tail distribution of pressure on the snow along the entire length of the edge when a board is edging in turns. This produces a balanced and stable ride. The edge of a conventional radial sidecut often exerts pressure on the snow that varies greatly along the length of the board.

How does DDD Sidecut technology? First, we determine the board’s exact flex pattern. We then mathematically apply this flex pattern to the sidecut using a CAD computer program. Then we adjust the flex pattern of the board so that when fully on edge, the board depicts the arc of a circle and not the ellipse of a conventional sidecut. The result: consistent, even pressure on the edge along the entire effective board length.

Maybe TMI I know...just bored and trying to help out!! :)

I'll take the red one if still available... if not, I'll take the black one. I've got a buddy who is a little guy... rides softy but charges hard. This sounds like it might be a good ride for him.

ssegress@earthlink.net

Can you get some snow in our forcast too? I'm sitting at 9,000ft in Colorado looking at dirt and rocks.

Can you get some snow in our forcast too? I'm sitting at 9,000ft in Colorado looking at dirt and rocks.

They are looking at cancelling WC ski races coming up in St. Moritz and Val D'Isere - you're looking at dirt and rocks in CO - Cali is thin to non-existent - it was nearly 60 degrees here in VT today. Only snow is in the PNW and Canada. What the "F"????

They are looking at cancelling WC ski races coming up in St. Moritz and Val D'Isere - you're looking at dirt and rocks in CO - Cali is thin to non-existent - it was nearly 60 degrees here in VT today. Only snow is in the PNW and Canada. What the "F"????

just remember, just like in racing when a watched car never crashes, a watched temperature never falls...