Note to New Members ×

goin' Madd

willywhit

it's in the "Tinkler Album" on Bryan's website (oldsnowboards.com) It's like a Burner on steriods! Split tail, Driver Plate (reminds me of my conshox :1luvu: ) and of course the most important feature IT'S RED & BLACK!!! You'll have to give me some pointers on the Madd, I'm looking forward to experiencing one. Have you heard when the mountian's supposed to open?

The 180 has a 19cm waist. Trust me, you will not miss the 5mm.

trust me, I would miss the the half CM.......

at the higher end of my speed threshold 19 is pushing it, I'd love a the other sizes in 19.5 too as I think many riders would prefer them in 19.5

At this very moment if I were not dead set on a new pair of catek freerides and getting some titanal toy I would have grabbed a 180 with the binding deal in a second

Madd is the ****, I've yet to find anything that matches a Madd that feels so twitchy and nervous but yet insanley stable and willing to do whatever you want.

trust me, I would miss the the half CM.......

at the higher end of my speed threshold 19 is pushing it, I'd love a the other sizes in 19.5 too as I think many riders would prefer them in 19.5

I'd like to see Madd offer the 158 and 170 in both 18cm and 20cm flavors. I think the 180 is perfect at 19cm.

But dude, what size are your feet? Mine are 10.5 or 11 depending on shoe brand. I'll ride anything from 18cm to 21cm. I'll never forget my first 18cm board - I was scared I was going to hate it, but it was no problem at all. Just nudge up the angles and go. Sure, it makes a board that is already not great for freeriding a little worse, but if you care about that, buy a 4WD. 5mm means what, 1 degree? Maybe 2? Don't love it till you try it!

and plenty of boards with a 190 waist be them primes, burners and one of my coilers

I'm in a 28.5, I could probably fit into a smaller shell with a little shell work though, at that point I'm still not sure I'd go to narrower decks...

It's not that I can't ride 18 or 19 waisted board it's that I prefer them a little wider, there is a reason your average GS deck is 19.5, look at all the stock Prior WCRs, the larger burton sticks and the virus phantom

I am riding narrower boards these days, I was riding 20 and 20.5 boards for a long while

a big part of it may be that the two boards that I really had the biggest breakthroughs in my riding were 19.5 and 20 so thats where I feel the most comfortable