Note to New Members ×

How to end your career in 10 seconds.

Jack M

I can see this thread going in the wrong direction fast. If it hasn't already.

I just want to see Kramer losing it. It's already gone from YouTube (damn suits). I guess Mr. Richards just can't handle life as a has-been. I predict he shows up in Celebrity Boxing taking on Debbie Gibson.

I find it interesting how words can mean different things in different cultures. For example, take the word "fag."

It has a long history but now a days, it means a cigarette in Britian, a bundle of sticks long ago and now in America, a label for a homosexual. To me, its the kid who misses the ball when trying to kick it in kickball.

I also love George Carlin's bit about the 7 bad words.

you can read it here or listen to it somewhere else. google.

I'm with George on this one, words are only as bad as people make them out to be, and as of now, in our society, words are made out to be pretty bad.

This topic is interesting because I read alot of books on sociology on the side. You all may find this link interesting ->: http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html

granted, this stuff is controversial, but the fact remains that it is prevalent in society. I could write pages on this....but let me just illustrate some basic cause and effect related to political correctness.

- the birth rate today is below what is necessary to sustain our current level of "western" population. (this is worse in europe than the USA)

- PC policies reduce the amount of "western" children (abortion, deemphasis on family, deemphasis on religion, individualism over community, feminism, etc)

- PC policies also emphasize differences between people, creating less common ground and therefore less community (diversity, emphasis on foreign culture, stressing racial differences)

people may disagree with traditional values, but the truth is that they pump out generations of reliable hard workers that are inculcated in thier tradition that can grow a society. the current PC trends kill societies.

These views are also reflected in books that touch on the topic of "decadence"

the sad thing is that neither major political party currently has policies that adequately address these problems.