Note to New Members ×

2 page Alpine Race photo in Okemo Magazine

patmoore

Just ran across an article on the Okemo Mountain School in Okemo's Winter promotional magazine. Pretty cool shot. The rider in the foreground is Erica Mueller. I believe she's the daughter of Okemo's owners Tim and Dianne Mueller and is member of the National Team.

2j3r6ll.jpg

Can't get enough pics of girls on hard boots. Gives me hope that hardbooting will not become extinct after all, as we at least seem to have the physical specimans to propagate the species.

But, Are those burton "race" bindings with the "breakaway" toe clip made out of Vermont sharp cheddar cheese? Evolutionary dead end there...

It's mostly the fault of the crease. The spread was too big to fit in my scanner so I just took a photo of it. I just tried to mash down the crease in my scanner to get a closer look. The angles look better (see below) but still not as much as I would have expected. Maybe still an illusion because of the crease.

2yv9nwh.jpg

I've been to Okemo several times in the past few years and found it to be very hardboot friendly. I've seen a gentlemen there that is clearly in his sixties riding alpine and I can't get enough of ""all tuckered out" on the newer Jackson Gore mountain. The ratio of time on the chair to time spent on that trail defies reason. It's a great venue.

I've been to Okemo several times in the past few years and found it to be very hardboot friendly. I've seen a gentlemen there that is clearly in his sixties riding alpine and I can't get enough of ""all tuckered out" on the newer Jackson Gore mountain. The ratio of time on the chair to time spent on that trail defies reason. It's a great venue.
Don't know if that's me you're talking about but it's my home mountain and I'm in my 60s (although my inner child is only 19). It is a great mountain with a lot of groomed cruisers and a nice NASTAR course. Conditions permitting I'll but there this weekend.

funny that last pic > guy seems to carve body outside to the turn ;) wonder how he manages the gforce this way!

Obviously the graphic dude that did the pic job never seen a snowboard !

N

He's well on his way to making his next turn... Looks fine to me..

Ive never looked at a map of Okemo. Just did. Wow.

is this one of those "usually boilerplate conditions" mountains?

Like any eastern resort, Okemo's "packed powder" can occasionally require ice skates but the mountain consistently ranks among the top in the nation for grooming. There are a lot of wide intermediate trails that are well suited for carving. The Jackson Gore area has new terrain opening this year.

The folks who run Okemo (and Crested Butte and Sunapee) have perfected the formula for making a trip to the mountain an enjoyable experience.