Note to New Members ×

Burton Reactor question....

NMU Alpine Boarder

than the indy except in forward flex, a little softer there unless you really crank down the springs

if you're gonna go burton get the wind or fire, the cuff alignment mechanism is much better and if you wanna use intec with the fire or wind you have that option

making boots I'd probably still be riding burton boots, for me after doing some work on the shell it's the boot that works the best for me

it just got hard to find parts so I started phasing out my use of the burton stuff a couple years ago

word on the street is that someone bought the molds and is going to be doing a run of the burton stuff but improved, I assume that would be a liner upgrade and something along the lines changing the retractable ledges

Everyone is saying the Reactors are stiffer than any Deeluxe and I ride with Furnace boots, supposed to be stiffer than the Reactors. I wonder what I am missing (referring to a thread a while ago that said "boots too stiff are not always good" or something like that).:freak3:

it depends on how much you weigh and where you want the flex

for me I like forward flex and less side flex, raichle is stiff forward flexing with the locking mechanism and quite a bit softer with the springs in but you can tighten the springs, the side to side flex on raichles is really soft compared to burton

raichle with springs in particular with the BTS you have more forward travel

with burtons the spring by default is pretty soft but you can crank it really tight if you like, IMHO the stiffness of the furnace compared to the reactor is hardly noticable when riding other than if you're riding very high angles or you're riding low angles, in the former case either boot is a little much but the fire/furnace makes you feel like you're gonna blow out a knee

both boots beat the pants off of UPZ in most areas so don't feel too bad about those old furnaces