Note to New Members ×

Booster strap info

Silver

It comes down to stiffness of the models. The "Race" model is three straps of elastic and the "Normal" is two straps. So the Race is stiffer then the Normal.

So just depends on what you are trying to do with the Booster Strap. If your goal is to add firmness to the boot then I would go with Race. If it is to just add the "wrap" effect and keep the top of the boot around your calf then maybe the Normal.

Keep in mind I have seen people get the Race then decide to soften it and just cut out one of the straps.

Hope this helps!

The Booster Strap can be used regardless if the current boot has 4 buckles or not. It is designed to be above the current 4th buckle and works on all boots.

Generally, the strap goes around the outside of the tongue and that tends to be the case on the Deeluxe boots. However, I have seen it installed just around the top of the liner as well. Just preference.

I put mine over the tounge of the boot to effectivley add a 5th buckle. Granted the 5th buckle flexes, but it feels better that way. I have the race model, but I race so that makes sense. I tried both on my boots before purchase and found that the normal model didn't do almost anything for me, but the race felt really good. It's a matter of what you want to do with it and how hard you ride.

In fact i have two pairs of Raichle AF600, one older "racing" model with the thermoliner but no "velcro" strap (on the liner, not the 4 on the shell), and another more recent exactly like Suzuka Deeluxe model (4 straps on the shell plus the strap on the standard boot inside).

In both cases, i want to keep maximum flexion (notably for EC) while having more precision and responsiveness (in particular on the older racing shoes).

Hope this helps you for advice on which Booster strap i should go for...

Thanks

Silver ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some shots of the Booster Strap mounted using the post screw set we include.

All you have to do is drill a hole in the back of the shell and insert the Female side of the screw.

Now you do need to put a small hole in the Booster Strap itself and the best way to do this is use a soldering iron and just poke a hole in it. You get a clean hole that is sealed and won't fray or pull out over time. If you have to cut with a razor or such, make it as small as possible as seal it with a lighter flame. Drop of thread lock, tighten down, and go ride.

post-1-141842223124_thumb.jpg

post-1-141842223126_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

bumpasaurus.jpg

I got my booster straps and I have a question. I have the Raichle 413 boots and I had assumed that the strap would be threaded through the holes in the back. I removed the "Raichle" tab and the strap fits perfectly, but it is on the same level as the 4th strap, so the buckle interferes with it. I see from Fin's pic that he has placed it higher, so why does Raichle have those holes there? I think the 4th strap can actually be tightened over the buckle, I haven't really tried yet.

edit: I tried it, it works but probably not a good idea.

Peter_X,

I have the 413 too---the booster strap does not go where the Raichle plastic band is; it goes in the space above it. The strap will sit above the 4th buckle and go over the liner. You have to fix it in place (see above in thread) with one or two fasteners. It really improves the boot.

Michael