Note to New Members ×

Mixed binding setup...

Marjo

I've seen a few carvers setup their bindings with a standard bail on their front foot and step-in setup on their back foot . I have always ridden a full standard setup or full step-in setup, but never on a mixed setup.

I understand the concept behind it, but I am curious to find out your feedback and/or opinions on this type of setup.

Thanks.

Marjo

;)

Marjo, I have a setup like that.

I did it mainly because I was too cheap to upgrade both of my TD1 bindings to step-in. I'll be switching over to full step-in this year because I picked up a set of used step-ins.

I don't think it really makes a lot of difference in the ride. On the TD1's, I think the step-in places the foot marginally higher than the standards.

- Dave

I ride different toes and heels for some of the same reason. Stepins are all you need for the rear, and regular plates usually weigh 5 or 6 0z. less than step ins. It worked out really well, because I'm regular (I eat oatmeal) and my Son rides goofy, so we have a double set of stepins for the price of one. Plus when you look on the rack at the resort it looks like a rummage sale board, and who's gonna steal that.