Note to New Members ×

Might need to borrow a chainsaw...

bjvircks

I'm heading to Big Sky with my ski club this season. Last year one of our members flew up from behind and bombed right over the tips of my skis at Squaw Valley. I took a bad tumble because of him. I'm going to tell him "This year stay the **** away from me or you'll regret it"

Chadx, aren't you out there? Got a chainsaw? I'm dead serious!

You SO need to buy some clister (sp?) wax and rub it into his bases one morning. Better yet, maybe just one base.

Plus maybe put some soft milk chocolate on his seat at breakfast one morning (this works best if he has light colored ski pants).

Fleet Phosphate Soda in his 7-up at breakfast or lunch would work wonders as well.

A snowball in each ski boot before bed also makes the next day somewhat unpleasant.

And don't forget to move his skis & poles from one rack to another when he breaks for lunch.

If its a resort that scans every single ticket in line, try to get the numbers off his ticket, then go report it stolen/lost.

Just a few thoughts. Not that I'd ever do any of those things.

Actually, I have two chainsaws. You are free to procure one or both. It would be worth it just to see you straight-lining down the slope with one in each hand. Two-stroke exhaust looking like the cold-smoke trails from a skydiver.

Big Sky Chain Saw Massacre.

Me? I prefer to slice the Achilles tendon. It will throw off his carve. He won't be able to weight his back foot. He'll never play the game again. :D

Reminds me of a day a 2 seasons ago. I had jsut gotten my new 210 and was out testing it, when I happen to meet up with a buddy of mine. He's Indian, and it was his first season on skis. suffice to say, he was terrible. He didn't take a lesson either. So here I am, my first day on this kickass, crazy fast board and I'm carving the hell out of slot under Sam's Knob. What does he do? Slams right into me and nearly messes my new board up. He had no business going as fast as he was, gaper style.

I haven't ridden with him since.

For the OP: i think a nice wood chipper/shredder would serve you better. it'd make for some nice starting material for the fireplace.

O/T:

Reminds me of a day a 2 seasons ago. I had jsut gotten my new 210 and was out testing it, when I happen to meet up with a buddy of mine. He's Indian, and it was his first season on skis. suffice to say, he was terrible. He didn't take a lesson either. So here I am, my first day on this kickass, crazy fast board and I'm carving the hell out of slot under Sam's Knob. What does he do? Slams right into me and nearly messes my new board up. He had no business going as fast as he was, gaper style.

i like how you HAD to mention that he was Indian :lol::lol::lol: not that there's anything wrong with that. you're just supporting some other random ranting of mine that i was spouting out on some other thread...

as for him going fast and slamming into you... it was his FIRST day. that's exactly how first timers are, and i find that those people are the ones that learn the fastest. it's the ones that go super slow and are too scared to build up any speed that never learn since they just try to man-handle their equipment the whole day. one of the few things i figured out when i was first boarding was that it was easier to move my board around (even for skidding) when i had some speed built up. i bet he didn't even know how to stop/slow down. i mean, dude, he's indian... think of the kind of trouble you'd have been in if he was somalian or brazilian. consider yourself lucky he was indian... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh well, i'm pretty sure i'd be pissed if he wrecked my brand new board :angryfire

well, in any case, give the guy a break. it was his first day. that, and he's Indian :lol::lol: you know, because that's a good excuse, i think

I'll always cut newer participants some slack. Sounds like your guy just disengaged the common sense for a bit.

The guy I'm pi**** about is a very experienced and capable skier (and just happened to be the trip organizer that trip). When I tried to talk to him about it later on the paddlewheel boat ride back So Lake Tahoe he basicly said 'gee... too bad you happened to be where I wanted to go...'

And so my instructions to him next trip will be "Stay the **** away from me. If you take me down you will regret it. If you cause me to get hurt--- look out."

Am I wrong in this perspective?

sorry I ****ed up I would say chill out but it sounds like he's a classic prick skier, they are a unique breed

does he like to brag about skiing Alta or mad river glen, call snowboarders knuckle draggers and did not take to those pussyboy shaped skis untill that was all that was available

probably loved rear entry boots and insists that the straight atomic arc 210s were the best all around ski ever made.

bjvircks i'd be really pissed too, especially since you're part of some group that's experienced. the least the guy could have done is apologized.

i'm telling you, one of those dr-wood chippers. look at what they turn tree branches into. just think of how much fun some skis going through there would be.

on a side note: it seems like being plowed from behind is a REALLY big issue here.

For the OP: i think a nice wood chipper/shredder would serve you better. it'd make for some nice starting material for the fireplace.

O/T:

i like how you HAD to mention that he was Indian :lol::lol::lol: not that there's anything wrong with that. you're just supporting some other random ranting of mine that i was spouting out on some other thread...

as for him going fast and slamming into you... it was his FIRST day. that's exactly how first timers are, and i find that those people are the ones that learn the fastest. it's the ones that go super slow and are too scared to build up any speed that never learn since they just try to man-handle their equipment the whole day. one of the few things i figured out when i was first boarding was that it was easier to move my board around (even for skidding) when i had some speed built up. i bet he didn't even know how to stop/slow down. i mean, dude, he's indian... think of the kind of trouble you'd have been in if he was somalian or brazilian. consider yourself lucky he was indian... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh well, i'm pretty sure i'd be pissed if he wrecked my brand new board :angryfire

well, in any case, give the guy a break. it was his first day. that, and he's Indian :lol::lol: you know, because that's a good excuse, i think

Sorry about more OT

You're a member of the ACLU aren't you... I think he was just trying to give some background, because Indians and other races that traditionally come from warm climates tend to be steriotypically goofy skiiers. Honestly, Im as prone to laugh at a white guy with a mullet wearing jeans and a Starter jacket wide open flying crazilly down the slopes as I would be to laugh at a Japaneese person doing the same. I tend to cut everyone some slack, but will still laugh if they're being silly (ie. bad at skiing).

After reading the below posts, I realize what I MEANT to say was "of _______ descent", I didn't phrase it clearly enough. Personally, I'm of Lithuanian descent, with Welsch, Irish, Scottish, Chezch, Russian, and god only knows what else. I consider myself to be an American first. The labels aren't meant to place value on something, just to make a complex world that much simpler to understand. It would be pretty silly to say that it was some american that was skiing goofily at an american resort; the man was of indian descent, therefore it was a descerning characteristic, making it easy to paint a visual picture of said individual. Like I said in a different thread, next time someone does something illegal, tell the police that it was some (this only applies to US readers) american looking person that did it. I probally sound really biggoted and arrogant, but in reality I'm not. I just hate the direction that the world is going in where everyone is being offended about something all the time, and I think we can all agree on that.

And to kennyusmc, I never said that race has anything to do with your ability. I merely stated that it is a blatant steriotype that people who are descended from warmer weather cultures are generally the goofier skiiers. I don't know why, I didn't start it, I'm just trying to defend the other guy's right to say that his friend was Indian. I'm going to shutup now before I start really pissing people off, and allow this post to return to the OP.

Guest kennyusmc

So race has something to do with your ability to ride?

Offensive !! I am American but again the status quo or majority will identify my by what they think my race is. I was born in Japan my mother Japanese and my father white American, but people say oh your Japanese. Well my birth certificate is from the US State Dept. most peoples' are from some hospital. I was not naturalized I was born American. So you think ohhh he is Indian so he comes from a warm climate.... they don't have mountains in India? How long do you have to be in America to be an American ? I would say if you are born or naturalized you are just as much of an American as anyone else. I spent ten years in the Marine Corps but to some people they will automatically say oh he is Japanese. And you wonder why people call someone African American or Asian American, it is because the majority (not the minority ) label them. read a book by Ken Wilbur or something. Whne you label someone something it gives it order and when it gives order that means it has value and value is comparitive is your "Indian" friend less or more of a friend sicne you called him Indian. SO YOUR FRIEND DIDN'T FOLLOW THE RULES that had nothing to do with him being Indian. Sorry to rant but that is nothing less than some/ a form of prejuidice.

nah, i'm not part of any group or organization. i just don't think race should matter.

bjvircks i think you should get some indian's blood and pour that on his skis instead. then he'll lose all of his skills and probably go gaper style into a tree or something, or maybe he'll just fall off of the chair lift... one pint of blood is more portable, you can just kill the next indian dude you see on the slopes, oh wait... you probably won't see one :lol::lol: . oh well, just pass by the red cross, because blood type doesn't really matter, they label those bags by race, so only indian people get indian's blood.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yo Kenny: I never said anything to suggest race has any impact on someone's ability to ride. I was merely stating that fact because he is from Bombay, he has never been on skiis, and didn't see snow until he came to Aspen.

The fact you could see something as perverted as prejudice in my post means you were looking for it in the first place and looking to start sh*t. The fact that you would question my friendship with a very good friend of mine is offensive.

Seriously man, chill out.

Once again, forgive the hijack.

Well folks... at least for this trip I'm in the clear... the guy who may or may not need to get his skis chopped up is not coming to Big Sky. I just got done visiting with the trip organizer and found out my 'friend' has some big business thing going on that makes him miss the trip. Well, Boo Hoo Hoo.

I was kind of looking forward to it, to tell the truth. The klister idea was really sweet. I do have an old stash of X-C waxes. By the way... did I mention that the guy is Hindu, or maybe Budist? No... wait... Shao Lin! Yeah, that's it... Shao Lin! OMG OMG I just hijacked my own thread!

bjvircks i'm thinking a bunch of duct tape on your top sheet, with some thumb tacks face up would be nice. just don't fall on your own board. although that seems difficult to do with both feet clipped in.

and sorry for thread jacking again, but this thread is jacked...

He's Indian, and it was his first season on skis. suffice to say, he was terrible.

so, what did you mean by him being indian? you obviously thought it important enough to point out...

Haven't ridden with him?? because he never went up to the slopes again, or because you chose not to? sure sound like a great friend to me.

Well BJ, at least you don't have to worry about him. definitely makes riding a lot easier. Enjoy your time man.

And Bull, you need to stop going off on **** you know nothing about. You don't know me, or my friends, and I don't feel like being harassed on this website, nor any other.

For future reference:

You already told him once not to mess with you. If you remind him of the whole thing again right before you get to the mountain, he'll take away one of two things from that conversation:

1) That guy is angry. I better not mess with that guy.

2) If I mess with that guy, he'll pay attention to me. He'll acknowledge my existence. He'll remind me that I fxxked him over, that he was offended and I came out on top. Sweet! My mother never paid enough attention to me (well, there was that one time I peed on the carpet, that was pretty cool, but gawd my room stunk after that), so anyway now I need all the attention I can get. Let's do that again! I'll stay back and wait for him to come to a stop, and then we'll see what he does after I ruin his new toys.

On the other hand, since you already warned him once, you don't need to warn him again. That would just put him on guard, so you lose your chance to surprise him. So don't even mention it. If he does anything stupid, just knock him to the ground and beat on his face for a while.

:smashfrea

Guest kennyusmc

I was only trying to point out something you may have not thought about , iI am sure he is your friend and you value his friendship. It isn't a matter of being PC (since everyone like to use that term ) it is about being correct not politically correct. Would you have said my white friend , or my insert warm climate person of European decent friend? My stepdad is 67 and tears up the slopes , guess what he is from Punjab. The recount was fine it is just you put Indian which had nothing to do with being a first timer, there are plenty of people who live in Truckee CA who are at the base of several resorts who have not gone skiing, and there are plenty of people who ski all the time but don't follow the simple rules. AND guess what you post something on a public forum be prepared to be called on it. I always get it for my typing and spelling. I am not trying to flame you at all it just starts with a simple thing like trying to make someone aware . Check out http://www.freedomcenter.org/take-action/programs/power-of-one-voice/index.htmland watch a few of their commercials and it will make you think.

Take care

ken