Note to New Members ×

Boise Area riders

AaronG

Anyone here near Boise?? Ihave a nephew who attends Boise State and I just hooked him up with a carving set up. He is just starting out carving(he's been twice) but would like to really get into it. He is an accomplished softie rider and is looking for someone to teach him some basics so he doesn't have to unlearn all the bad habits that he learned while he was learning :) :) did that makes sense?

Let me know if anyone is interested and I will shoot him your email addie.

• 2 weeks later...

I could probably help him out with advice and i have lots of gear. I beleive we rode together last year at WTC in fact i think the picture you have posted was taken by scott while you and i were riding off the kingcon lift. (I was wearing the yellowjacket in most of the pictures taken by scott.) I just got back from utah--rode solitude for a few days --very good carving.

Let me know if i can help.

jeff

Yes, that pic was taken by Scott. Were you the one that purchased some OS2s while there at WTC?? Jeff, that would be great if you could help my nephew out, in fact, he was with me at WTC for a few days. His name is Dallan, cool kid. I will let him know, email me some contact info if you would, I will forward it to him.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest theduckllr

My experience: Started riding in 1986-87 season. Was a snowboarding instructor at Sante Fe ski area 1988-89 season. I have have been providing private lessons to friends and referals ever since. I've been carving since 1990, started GS racing in 1992 till 1994, Headed up the BSU SKI/Snowboard club in 1995, got involved in promoting the B of A winter games and competing in Boardercross events (usually the only one on a carver). I quit work for the 97 and 98 season to be a full time snowboard BUM and private instructor (it was beer money), logged 55 days in 98. I'd go to Mount Hood every summer to stay sharp on my trench making and halfpipe skills (although fatherhood in 2001 put the brakes on that!). When I'm on the GS board (Burton Factory Prime 171), I'm all business and run a good clip for an old man. I'm easily recognised because I wear a moto'x fullface helmet (see pic)

I'm mostly interested in finding a fellow carver to go play tag with, but if you want some instruction, I'd be happy to offer some just so long as it doesn't mean I have to wait for 20 minutes at the bottom of Pine Creek waiting for you. ;)

-Andrew

post-3516-141842222682_thumb.jpg

Guest theduckllr
I could probably help him out with advice and i have lots of gear. I beleive we rode together last year at WTC in fact i think the picture you have posted was taken by scott while you and i were riding off the kingcon lift. (I was wearing the yellowjacket in most of the pictures taken by scott.) I just got back from utah--rode solitude for a few days --very good carving.

Let me know if i can help.

jeff

Holy Cow!! Jeff Wallace! I haven't ridden with you in like.. 9 years!?!? (and I was stoned out of my ferkin mind that day!) :lol:

I just got off the phone with Wally.. too funny. Fancy meeting you here! I too just got back from Solitude over the holiday weekend (no snow, crowds, and 61 degree temps crushed my riding hopes, but it's all good.)

Lets get together and break stuff this season!

-Andrew Smith 371-6123

Thanks Mellow Jonny and Duckllr, I will forward the info to my nephew, he is back in Idaho Falls now and will be returning to the Boise area after the holiday. I am heading to Idaho Falls myself for the holidays, we are planning on riding at Targhee.

Again, thanks for the helping my nephew out.

Duckllr I don't think you would be waiting too long for him at the bottom, he gets down the hill pretty quick, he just wants to dig some deep trenches on the way down.

Jeff, is your screen name a reference to the shirt Lance and Floyd wore?

I remember seeing the Lance TV special on OLN, and he called it the Mellow Johnny if I remember correctly.

OVR

Oldvolvosrule--I do wear the yellow racing cape.. Yea the mellowjonny thing is from Lance. Andrew did you get the Ducati christmas card from Jason or did you wadd it like a few years ago--he never did re-issue cards to the few of us that stacked them right off the bat. I ride most of the time in McCall and Utah these days thats probably why we haven't seen eachother. Hope all is well.

jeff

Guest theduckllr

I don't remember getting a card. Im on my 5th Ducati now.. and seriously considering making the splurge for the new 1098.. mmmm. Look at all this new snow! Yes. I'll be hitting the slopes all weekend. Ring me if you want to hook up. Rock on my brother. :eplus2: