Note to New Members ×

Arbor Crossbow with Hardboots?

Justin A.

Any thoughts on using my cateks and Stratos Pro's on an Arbor Crossbow or A-Frame? I think I may want to pick one up but don't want to buy new boots and bindings along with it. In my past experience freeride boards really aren't meant to handle the stresses of hardboots and plates, but I've heard all kinds of glory stories about the durability of Arbors.

Any thoughts on using my cateks and Stratos Pro's on an Arbor Crossbow or A-Frame? I think I may want to pick one up but don't want to buy new boots and bindings along with it. In my past experience freeride boards really aren't meant to handle the stresses of hardboots and plates, but I've heard all kinds of glory stories about the durability of Arbors.

I have mounted my TD1s on my 170 Arbor Munoz and it changed it from a smooth riding board like a great BMW sports car into a 1960ish Ford Pickup Truck. One ride and I was done. I put the bindings back on my Prior 4X4 and was smilin.

why ride a Arbor when you could be on a tanker, or grocer 180 or many other longboards

you're a big boy right?

get a big freeride stick so you float

Tankers are sexy boards too, but until they come out with a koa topsheet, Arbor will always have an edge in the looks department.

Personally, when I put plates on my Munoz 162, I loved it. I ride it like that all the time. In fact, I haven't had softies on it for 4 or 5 years - probably racked up around 15 days with plates on the Munoz in that time. I think it works great - it's way easier to get on edge than with softies.

The A-frame is basically the new version of the Munoz - they both have the carbon stringers. I haven't had any durability problems with the plates (I use Catek World Cups) on the Munoz at all. I only weigh 150 pounds, so I may not be generating as much force as you, but I do go fairly hard with no problems so far. (Though I did snap a Catek bail last season while carving the Arbor - fluke accident I guess; the board itself is holding up like a champ.)

So if you're an Arbor fan, I'd encourage you to try it out. My preference would be the A-Frame 'cause that's their top of the line freeride/big mountain board.

If you can get a Tanker for close to the same price though, you've got a tough decision to make.