Note to New Members ×

Anyone ever ride with Front boot near 90deg?

DiveBomber

Experimented with ultra steep angles before, Found it felt great at speed, very comfortable. But ultimately wasn't worth the loss of control and balance at low speeds. Now days I just move both bindings to the same angle inside the edge of the board but usually not more than 56 degrees. I have seen enough good turns from enough stance angles (yes even duck!) that I really think there is no golden rule when it comes to stance. As long as you only alter one element at a time( width,angle,cant,lift, board,snowcondition) you should be able to find your personal "sweet spot" for riding.

With 90 degree angles, you will have no control whatsoever. Why do you think world cup racers try and ride witht he shallowest angles possible?

Obviously not many people here are at world cup level, but it's still the same general idea.

With 90 degree angles, you will have no control whatsoever. Why do you think world cup racers try and ride witht he shallowest angles possible?

Obviously not many people here are at world cup level, but it's still the same general idea.

Are you saying I'm out of control riding on my skwals with 86-90?

It's really different to freecarve and to race... I'm after the feeling - not the fastest way down.

When you go for the really steep angles you ride from the sides of your boots not toe to heel. you still have control. but like i said before at low speeds control def. gets" interesting" Ive taken a skwal out a couple of times and def prefer my race board for stability. But I know at least one guy who could rip it on the skwal, so like I said before any stance will work if you take the time.

• 2 weeks later...