Note to New Members ×

Riders at Copper Mt. Colorado?

Guest waterstreet

Guest waterstreet

I go to school in Boulder, and starting after Thanks Giving, I will be going up to Copper every weekend. It gets old after a while always been one of the only alpine riders on the mountain. I would like to know of any other alpine riders who will be carving it up at Copper, so we could perhaprs ride together.

Waterstreet,

Copper is a fantastic mountain and has some great carving terrrain....and about a billion people on the weekends. Unfortunatley, it has become a not so favorite spot for carving the last few years because of this. A lot of the local guys/gals I know who carve have now all moved to Keystone, Breck, A-Basin, etc. Less people as whole at these spots. Don't get me wrong, given the right conditions and low people count Copper still rocks!

Keep an eye on the "Ride Board" at the Colorado section. You'll start to see people post there for getting together to ride. We try to do a Wednesday Night Carve at Keystone every week if you can make it over there sometime.

Yep, see Lowell now and then at the shop. He is just over the hill at Vail. Great guy and one hell of an ambassador for the carving world! You know him?

Yup, I was under his tutelage for many seasons at Stowe.

Early on, he rolled up on us to compliment our carving and offer some free advice.

I learned alot from hanging out and riding with Lowell. I just wish he was at Vail when I lived at Vail/BC.

check this out kids : http://www.snowycolorado.com/stories/copper-with-drscott.html#vail-lowell

• 2 weeks later...

Ten tears ago Copper was great, now it`s early morning or weekdays and nights at Keystone right after the Cats groom around 5pm.Sunday nights at Keystone are good wile waiting for the traffic on I 70.Copper still has alot hardbooters Fin,Steve,Mulstay, Started the alpine team at Copper a long time ago they usally will know who`s riding at Copper or stop in to gravitee at the base of Copper ask Steve and the guys in the shop they can give you the skinny or drop me a line i am going to be up there at least 3-4 days a week.

Willy I liked your link to Toms story about Dr scott. My only concern though is every time I ride with him(Dr Scott) I end up taking a spectacular and memorable digger that usually ends my day. I am heading to copper on friday to use up my Warren Miller ticket

mario

Mario -

If this season is any like 2004 then the snow is better at Loveland. Wait for later in the season or sell your pass to Cu if you can. Two years ago we took one run at Copper at Thanksgivig and said adios. Too many people on too few runs. If you do go to Copper, enjoy the shuttle ride from where ever you park!!

Pat,

I still have the option of hitting lovey if it sucks at copper, its on my way home and i am a pass holder. I have the free ticket from off the grid and this looks like the only time I will have the opportunity to use it. Thanks for the heads up, and I do loath that shuttle

Willy I liked your link to Toms story about Dr scott. My only concern though is every time I ride with him(Dr Scott) ...

Mario, glad you liked it. I hope we'll get a chance to ride together sometime this season -- I hope to spend a week at Copper in Feb/March.

I wonder if Willy wanted to post a link to this story instead though: http://www.snowycolorado.com/stories/vail-with-lowell.html -- riding with Lowell was outstanding.

tom.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 113037" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>tpalka</TD><TD class=alt2>Weekends are for backcountry :) Great -- Thor -- look forward to hooking up at one of the Summit resorts on a weekday,

tom.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

For sure Tom! Keep in touch... I'm sure I will ride at Monarch and the powder cat there again this year as well.