Note to New Members ×

Hrmmm Choosing a speedster?

DiveBomber

So im picking up a burton speed 185, Thinking about a speedster, But wonder if its kind of redundant to get another board in a similar length??

was looking at the 177 and the 183 F2 speedster, I have a 173 board...

Only thing is the Burton has a 15m SCR where as the 183 F2 has a 16M SCR...

I'd appreciate and input

thanks!

hehe, yeah, the speedster is actually intended to be a most of the time replacement for the burton.

I will have to see how it rides as compared to the big B, I have the 185 Speed and 183 RS Speedster.

any particular reason you wanted to replace the burton?

Im definately going to ride the Burton, so what do you think as far as the size i should get in that case?

I have been riding it hard for 4 years. It is getting tired :(

I like that size board, in my opinion having both of a similar size is still good. They still will have different flex and riding characteristics.

Also I WILL still ride big B :eplus2::eplus2::eplus2: ride it till it breaks.

Ok youre not making this any easier.

Does anyone still ride shorter boards much after moving to longer ones?

Does anyone still ride shorter boards much after moving to longer ones?

Kind of. I haven't had a board under 185 for quite a while. I just got a good deal on an ultra prime 162 because I know that I'm going to be spending a little time and the odd night session at the local hills (instead of Whistler) and some of the trails are a bit tight for the 185+ boards with the 15 and a half metre radius.

Short answer. It just depends how much space there is where you ride most of the time.

later,

Dave R.

I ride a 168 F2 Silberpfiel and love it, it's my security blanket (Ha! beat you to it Ralann) I also ride a 172 Virus that I'm still getting use to (it's my new favorite) and I have a 178 Burner for those really nice days when I feel like doing bigger longer turns (this is my "trophy" board). I don't think the size matters so much due to the fact that I've seen Ralann make turns just as tight on his 185 Speed as I do on my 168 F2. I think each board has it's own unique characteristics and you'll enjoy each one for just that. The 177 should strike a nice balance between your 2 other boards. Just my 2 cents....

Kind of. I haven't had a board under 185 for quite a while. I just got a good deal on an ultra prime 162 because I know that I'm going to be spending a little time and the odd night session at the local hills (instead of Whistler) and some of the trails are a bit tight for the 185+ boards with the 15 and a half metre radius.

Short answer. It just depends how much space there is where you ride most of the time.

later,

Dave R.

Yeah i suppose....

you think the board check guys would be pissed if i hand them a bag with 5 boards in it? :eplus2:

Well looks like the decision was made for me, by the time i wend back to check the 183 was sold out (You bastard, whoever you are !!!!!)

so i got the 177, for 240 inluding shipping and some free glasses, sweet!

For a board with titanal :biggthump I think im going to strip the top sheet see if i can get it all wood.

I have a Madd 170 that I ride too. It feels deadly short :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: but fun as heck :biggthump

Yeah, I ride a shorter board too, but the big ones have :1luvu: a special place in my heart.

Gotta agree with that... Long boards are really special to ride when you have the space... but I also have a short one (FP164) that is an absolute scream!

I ride that like a demented child.:eplus2: (The long board is an R-17 178)

I think that having a couple of boards in your quiver is the best thing for answering questions like this...... Just gotta "live the dream" for want of a better phrase...

To me they are like children... they all have different personalities, the respond to your commands all in a different way.... :1luvu:

That's what makes the sport so special... (Well to me anyway) I wanted to say that's what makes carving so "spiritual" but I'm not exactly sure how everyone would react to me saying that.:ices_ange

Well looks like the decision was made for me, by the time i wend back to check the 183 was sold out (You bastard, whoever you are !!!!!)

so i got the 177, for 240 inluding shipping and some free glasses, sweet!

For a board with titanal :biggthump I think im going to strip the top sheet see if i can get it all wood.

free glasses ? they should've given you free training wheels

i dont think i could bring my self to ride a board named tinkler

um....you'd have NO BIDNESS riding a Tinkler :nono:

post-123-141842221272_thumb.jpg

HAH, tinywilly, Man you're trying way too hard and it shows!!

following me around, pointing out typoos?? Thats just Sad LOL....

Arguing with an idiot would make me just as big of an idiot as yourself, besides you'd clean my clock with all the experience you have in idiocy :o

Don't you have any friends to annoy?? (wait, thats a bit oxymoronic isnt it? ;) )

You're on my ignore list, so from here on out.... I won't have to feel sorry for you any more..... :biggthump

Stupidity is only funny for so long, then its just sad.... BUT I'll have the last laugh because one day when you're older you'll see what a loser you were (still are??) and there will be nothing you can do to change it :lol:

what? what are you going to say??? come on, give it the old middle school try!! loser.gif

Have a nice life! (well, you have to get one first! :lol: )