Note to New Members ×

Sun Peaks lodging?

big canuck

I don't mean to hijack your thread... I just have questions about getting to Sun Peaks.

Last year Sun Peaks offered to 'comp' a week trip for me to check out their resort and possibly recomend it to my club. After checking travel stuff it appeared like I could spend about one full day just for travel there, another full day getting back (about 20 hrs for flights, layovers, shuttle, etc). I thanked them but declined the offer.

Realistically... what is it like getting there, and is it worth it???

Brad

I liked staying at the Cahilty during the camp, and we've stayed a few times at the Sun Peaks Lodge. She Who Must Be Obeyed likes having the massage place right next door at the Peaks Lodge. Pretty much everywhere in the village is within a 3 minute walk to the lifts -- but Cahilty is the best for ski in/out.

I really like the resort, everyone's friendly and the terrain is nearly perfect for our riding skill. It's about a 6 hour drive from Seattle, which makes for a good weekend trip. But worth 20 hours travel time to get there? Maybe no.