Note to New Members ×

Buck hill opening soon.

Guest the-buck-king

Guest the-buck-king

haha, i cant wait. Buck is set to open tomorrow if it snows enough tonight, and if its cold enough tomorrow.

"We're making snow as weather permits. " - buck hill

im so happy, anyone else here have a seson pass?

What up boys? Slowly anticipating snow here in Bloomington. What's this about F2 gear? What's for sale? Anyone got a Donek FC 185 they want to unload before the snow hits, or do I gotta fork over the 6hundo for a new one? My Factory Prime needs to be put down, ASAP! Also, with this make over buck got, is it going to open up any good groomers to haul on, or no?

~B

The improvements at Buck will make the run that used to be called "sleepy hollow" much more accessible. It's not as steep at the top as it used to be, but it should make for a nice carving run.

Expanding that area should also take some pressure of the main quad chair as well, as the new quad services all that area at the South and allows access to the Northern runs via a new trail that wraps around the back.

Given the area that they have to work with, these are some pretty amazing improvements.

the quad will be wasted over there. The kiddies will only ride up, one or two at a time, even when the lines are long.

BobD

I hope you're wrong Bob. At least with this quad, it actually looks like 4 people can ride up together. Most people don't realize that the other "quad" is rated for 4 people per chair.

The forecast is looking fairly promising. I'd bet that they'll be open this weekend.

powder ridge?!? when was the last time we had powder?

red tail ridge? there better be tail on that run. :biggthump

olympic dreams?!? :barf:

its good that they opened up the north end a little bit. maybe if they put some landfill over on that end. doubtful that the people living behind there would allow it.

Tomorrows open runs:

Ballroom (Olympic Dreams)

Crossroads

Milk Run

Teacher's Pet

School Yard (Bunny Hill)

There will be a few boxes and/or rails placed at the bottom of Crossroads or Milk Run, but shouldn't be too big of a hazard.

With the changes this year, Crossroads will feel a tid bit wider since the double chair is gone.

i love it.

this evening (friday) 35E started to jam up near county road 11. everyone was slowing down in front of buck to rubberneck. i know because i had to pick up my season pass.

the snow looks good. debating which board to use.

re: boxes at bottom of the run. problem is the jibbers will literally sit in the middle of the run.

can they move it someplace else? like the tubing run?