Note to New Members ×

2007 SES: Housing/Ride Thread

fin

We have had a couple of e-mails from people planning to come to the 07' SES in Aspen as they want to contact others to work out some housing options (share a condo, house, room, etc).

Soooooo, lets use this thread for anyone who wants to get together about housing and also getting rides to Aspen.

Lets still keep the main SES talk here please: http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=11962

* Disclaimer: Bomber in no way takes responsibility for who connects with who on this thread. If the couple you share a condo with likes to play the tuba at 2:00am, sings show tunes in the shower, and cooks nothing but stinky fish dishes, don't come cry'n to us! :o

I am still planning on coming out for part of the week at least. At this time I have yet to find a place to stay. If anyone would like an extra roommate, maybe just for part of the week, probably tues. or wed. night through friday night. I would be interested and greatful as well.

I wouldn't mind looking into the entire week either, if a great deal presents itself. Either way I will be driving from wisconsin. Soooo, if anyone wants to work something out, I could work it out so I hit the airport, maybe pick up someone willing to work out a deal for a place to stay, in return for shuttle to and from the airport. Of course a shuttle ride isn't worth the total stay, but maybe a price break? Just an idea I wanted to throw out.

If anyone is interested, I am flexible with dates for sure. Winters are slow for me at work.... it's just a matter of having the funds. Love to work out a deal though.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be heading out to SES this year, and pretty psyched about it! Was wondering where people tend to stay (meaning: closer to Aspen or Snomass)?? Trying to decide on a hotel, and want to be close to the center of activities. Thanks.

Jim would probably know better cos he lives in Aspen, but my research (based on an Aussie dollar being worth only US50 cents the first time I came over) found that St Moritz was by far the most economical place to stay. After staying two years in a row I can highly recommend it, particularly if you are on a budget. Oh yeah, and the St Moritz crew are a pretty fun bunch, isn't that right Bill / Jon!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My girlfriend who lives in Glenwood has a large home and has 2 extra bedrooms she can rent out for $50/night. Basically she's got 2 kids in college and has their rooms completely open and could use the extra money if anyone has any interest. Here's the deal...

it's a large home located in downtown Glenwood, walking distance to the Hot Springs Pool, restaurants etc etc. You get a nice room with bed, a full on home to use, kitchen, laundry, bath, a full work bench in the garage with my vises and everything. You'll just need to share the house with Diana and myself. I will ride everyday in the Aspen area so if need be you can shuttle with me. We are 45 minutes from the Buttermilk parking lot on weekends and 1 hour (traffic) on weekdays.

if anyone has any interest please PM me with any questions.

Also, and I'll post this in the off topic section, the rooms are available all winter. We are also just 45 minutes from Beaver Creek so you get the option to go to either Aspen or BC. So if anyone is looking to come to Colorado outside of SES this may be an option for you.

thanks, Joel

Joel is understating the "Digs", killer massive, burly, plush place in a great easy access location. Not to mention the benefits of their extensive local knowledge etc. Thanks again for extending your Colorado hospitality! I had a great time and your advice was a huge added benefit!! Bryan

Guest The Waterboy

G'day all,

booked a Dorm bed @ the St Moritz a couple of weeks back for the duration of SES, but as it sounds like there'll be a bunch of fellow SES'ers there too (I'm guessing Dan's a given & maybe Steph), it'd be good to share a room.

If one's already been booked but there's a bed untaken and you'd like an extra SES'er for company, let me know which room & I'll see if I can transfer my booking.

By the way, does anyone know if the Pure-Boarding guys are doing their thing just before SES again this year? Heard they'd all shacked up in the St Moritz last year & am hoping they'll be there again this year. Would love to take an EC-specific board out for a quick spin (was it the SWOARD #1 & 2 they were demoing last year?).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest snowrider_co

I know it's late to be looking for place, but I'd like to atttend SES from Wed through Sat. I 'm hoping to find a place from Wed to Sat morning. I'd prefer to stay in town, but anywhere between Aspen and Glenwood Springs would do. Thanks.

Guest roberto

hi, i am roberto from spain and i will be getting to aspen for the whole event arriving on friday night. anybody with an open space at a condo? someone looking to share? thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest all_4_snow

hey guys,

this is my first post and i hope it's cool if i post here about housing and ses...i'm looking for a room between the 10th-14th...anybody need a roommate? i'm looking for whatever i can get...

i heard that st. moritz was a place to check out but if there are fellow bombers going to ses who need a roommate that'd be ideal...

feel free to get back to me anyway possiable...

thanks!

nate

I have a hotel room at the Days Inn in Carbondale with a King, a Queen and a fold out couch. At this point I am the only person staying there until Jenifer and Claire arrive on Thursday. The nightly rate is approx $119. I am looking for someone or maybe a couple people looking to split the cost. Sorry, but no smokers or freight trains.

Guest roberto

i am going to a different location now so my bed is available at a a rate of 49$ per night. i have reservation from the 10th to the 17th!

they are all booked, so this is the last chance!!

I have a room with 2 queen beds and a kitchenette at the St. Moritz for the nights of 14Feb and 15Feb. The second bed is available for half the price of the room. $209 total for both nights.

No smokers, even if you promise not to smoke in the room. No room wreckers either. I will beat you if you incure room damage charges unto me.

Warning: Although I usually don't snore, sometimes I do. I won't get mad if you throw a pillow at me to get me to stop and I can furnish you with ear plugs.

email me thru this website if interested.

Anyone have an inexpensive room and need a roomate for this Friday night? I'm heading up for opening day and then will be back from Tuesday till Saturday. The second part is covered but a floor or something for Friday night would be great. Otherwise - I'll be heading from Breck early on Saturday morning.