Note to New Members ×

New Ducati

djtrussny

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's too funny, speed. I was just looking at the new Duc an hour ago and was gonna post the link next to geoffV's new triumph. Here's the link, click on the enjoy link and drool all over your keyboard, it's OK

http://blog.ducati.com/post/90/la-nuova-superbike-1098-godetevela/

We tried in every way possible to keep the surprise until Milan, but they beat us to the punch. Enjoy!

So can it keep up with any of the Jap liter bikes? Not talking about the pro modded stuff that makes 200+hp-just production stuff avaliable to any average Joe.

I paid 11k for my CBR1000RR and with 4k in mods I'm pretty sure that Ducati wouldn't be able to keep up. Might not be able to keep up stock either but I can't prove that as I haven't seen the stats on this new Duke twin.

But hey I guess it's not about performance when you're buying a Ducati.

It looks like they took the best features outta the R1, CBR1kRR, and combined them. The tail section looks very similar to my 1kRR, the front end looks kinda similar to an R1.

I'm surprised they went back to the big gaping holes in the sides of the fairing for radiator venting. Perhaps riders legs are getting cooked by the vents on the trailing edge of the fairing on the 999? Also the exhaust looks vintage '94.

However I'm thrilled to see a proper swingarm.

I'm betting the front end looks a lot nicer in person (not that it looks bad in pics, just a little funky), from the perspective of standing up, not "eye-level" with the front end. The Triumph 675 is the same way.

So can it keep up with any of the Jap liter bikes? Not talking about the pro modded stuff that makes 200+hp-just production stuff avaliable to any average Joe.

I paid 11k for my CBR1000RR and with 4k in mods I'm pretty sure that Ducati wouldn't be able to keep up. Might not be able to keep up stock either but I can't prove that as I haven't seen the stats on this new Duke twin.

But hey I guess it's not about performance when you're buying a Ducati.

It looks like they took the best features outta the R1, CBR1kRR, and combined them. The tail section looks very similar to my 1kRR, the front end looks kinda similar to an R1.

not a big Honda fan ( well, RC30 and 45s etc ) but let's see that beast !

post-123-141842221328_thumb.gif

4k in mods damn, did you dyno it?

Ok sorry for the confusion. My bike is bone stock! LOL

I was saying 11k for a jap liter bike + 4k in mods=15k (equal to the base 1098 Duke), and I seriously doubt the Duke could keep up with a modded jap liter bike. Probably can't keep up with a stock jap liter bike...But damn it looks cool!

My bike has 150hp at the rear wheel stock. It's more than enough for me but I'll tweak it later down the road. It does 70mph in first gear for gods sake! 2nd gear goes over 100mph.

Most of what I want to do with it is cosmetic but just haven't gotten around to it. Mechanical stuff I'd like to do is just the usual stuff: Braided brake lines, PCIII, full exhaust, change the gearing, etc. It's paid off in May so I'll probablly start modding it this summer. Pics will follow of course for those that are interested.

You know, you either "get" Ducati or you don't.

For some, straight line performance numbers are the number one deciding factor in their purchase. Nothing wrong with the "most bang for the buck" logic.

However, out of all the bikes I have owned, I miss my old Ducati 900SS the most. It was seriously underpowered, had crap suspension by todays standards, and it had several minor "issues". In fact, my first warranty service occured with under 5 miles on the clock.

At the time, Ducatis were relatively rare. When parked amongst all the latest super-performance liter bikes, my little 70hp Duc got more attention than the rest of them combined.

I wish I would have kept that bike. In fact, I'd be willing to trade my Yamaha FZ1 with nearly twice the horsepower for a clean pre-98 900SS.