Note to New Members ×

Best Comeback lines..

DiveBomber

I don't remember the last time I got any lip from a softbooter. Maybe its because I'm old? I have had one or two ask to race me. Once.

yeah I had this happen a few times at Snow Valley and Snow Summit when I had my 170UFO during the lunchtray era. It was rather amusing to be rolling into my 1st turn and looking back to see guys flailing to hold a tuck low enough to try and keep up. :biggthump:eplus2::ices_ange

my friends used to give me ****, I passed them when they were tucking a flat spot, I was carving between them

after that none of them gave me any lip

as for your average park monkey most don't really give too much lip they just don't really know what the hell I ride

I very rarely get any lip from anyone. A guy from my high school gave me some sh*t one time and yelled "Hey hardbooter, wanna race!". I obliged his request and left him at the top of the mountain when I stepped in getting off the lift :cool: . He demanded a rematch and again I took it up, this time giving him enough time to strap in and wiggle his ass on the snow enough to get up. Again, lost him at the top of the mountain.

Another one of my friends tried to show off his "carving" skills by skidding turns and bending over and touching the snow. I showed him how to carve for real.

Ususally the best comeback is showing them up in front of their friends, it bruises their ego real bad :eplus2: and makes them look like tools to everyone involved.

For disparaging remarks from soft booters (which also makes me wonder how to distinguish my self when on soft boots)

I was just reading some older posts about all the lift line comments, and I've gotten a few from Jack ass sofbooters on the lifts

"Is that your face or does your bum have teeth"

I never have any problems down here with comments. Mostly looks of confusion.

I ride faster on my softies than I do my hardboots. Dunno why. Maybe it's because on my softies I'm straightline-ing the whole mountain usually? And carving I'm usually um, carving, which normally slows you down more than straightline-ing.

plenty of softbooters can go like hell on thier 158 TTs. when they had the gravity games at Mt Snow there were alot of guys wearing bibs that were keeping right up with us.

3 years ago I was volunteering at the races (Canadian nationals and the Honda tour) at Mont Avila and I saw a softbooter (Crispin Lipscomb, if I remember correctly) enter the PSL race and beat several hardbooters.

If you look at the photos that Seb posted, you'll see a couple of softbooters racing.

It seems to be happening more and more. At least it seems so in these parts.

'later...

I've never gotten any flack about my alpine setup. The only time I've gotten crap from softbooters was when I was trying to ride the pipe in my softboot setup.

So I figure I'm not getting flack about my alpine setup because I'm zooming on the flats and the softbooters are sitting in the park. :)

'later...

3 years ago I was volunteering at the races (Canadian nationals and the Honda tour) at Mont Avila and I saw a softbooter (Crispin Lipscomb, if I remember correctly) enter the PSL race and beat several hardbooters.

If you look at the photos that Seb posted, you'll see a couple of softbooters racing.

It seems to be happening more and more. At least it seems so in these parts.

'later...

That has happened since the beginning. O.K., around the late '80s and the early '90s anyway. There have been times when you were likely to see softboots in racing and you would even see hardboots in the halfpipe. There also used to be the overall - which was the rider with the most points in both events. That would be great to have today - especially if they rode the same boots for both.:biggthump Yeah, right.:(

remain absolutely calm, stare them in the eye and just say "yeah, I used to ride one of those" and smirk in their board's general direction.

How about.. Yea I had to learn on one of thoose too........but I got better.

Seriously thought I never get sheet from soft booters. Just Question that get possitive responses. Skiier also they all want to try..

It called a Grooving board

I used to ride a giant (pretty wide) Rossi Race 173 purple/yellow, heavy with VAS thingys up front. I plaqued a full size bumper sticker GROOVASAURUS on the tail cuz it was a big barney carve stick/ironing board with Emery surfs that constantly broke bails and ultimately ripped out. Groovasaurus was a pretty cool band from Boston back in like 1993.

Groovasaurus

Hot Horny Amateurs

Heavy guitars, melodic and energetic; a cross between the Breeders and Led Zeppelin. Winners of two Boston Music Awards and voted Best Local Rock Band by Boston Magazine.

and say "Yeah, this thing is fun to ride. What do you think of the snow today? Have you ridden over at *insert trail/chair/section* yet?"

It's more fun to be friendly than snobbish.