Note to New Members ×

Carving a loop??

DiveBomber

true, we're not supposed to bring up politics, it always gets ugly

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831

Jon Stewart browbeats CNN's Crossfire hosts for their "partisan hackery."

this now-legendary appearance prompted CNN to remove the show from their line-up.

please discuss, offline ;)

puppets making crank phone calls...bwaaa ha ha ha

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm lots of things were banned then no? And are not banned now anymore.. Don't you think it has to do with the toxin instead?

N.

return on the topic: cool pic around the lift mast ! :) I just love to do this too.. goal should be to touch the mast with extended arm all the way through the turn !

• 2 months later...

The loop.

I went after the Loop because in 1992 I had an idea that someday snowboarders would open the winter olympic games. Trade marked by Gilmour 1992.

The idea I had was this:

5 snowboarders all with color tinted kerosene or ether to match the olympic colors..

Would ride down the hill at the same time.

Using radio signals and a count down beep they would all initiate turns at exactly the same time at same speed on same board. The radio signal would open a valve to let the kerosene spray out.

The kerosene would be pre-pumped into surgical tubing. (or a pump could be used- but the surgical tubing is best because the pressure does not drop as they deflate. The spray valve would likely need to be near the rear corner of the tail edge cutting the snow)

(does anyone remember those water squirters made of surgical tubing inteh 1970's)

Of course since every snowboarder is at the same point of each of their circles- and no similar points of the circles intersect... there would be no collisions.

The riders would make the 5 overlapping olympic rings simultaneously in this manner in a matter of 8 seconds.

Then some 5 lame skiers would touch their torch to each circle to ignite them and start the games and try to take all the credit so skiing could be made to look cool.

So in 1992 I started trying to teach people how to net circles. True circles, not just get most of the way there and just tighten it up or bend your tail....but getting all the way around or more. And we could do more...

The people I knew who could do it in 1992 were;

Myself

Adam Bolonsky

---and man did we ever collide at like 30 mph each once learning it. ooooof! Locked guts- luckily not hurt. Instead of a cirle we made a human "X"

Later a few others were able to net full cirles.

Pete Jacobs

Pete's buddy Liam

Vin Quenneville

I am sure there must be many more by now.

The key is ridiculous speed. Start super low and compact and don't drag. You may have to rise a tiny bit near the end.

If you want to cheat.. Carve on a dual fall line hill such that... when you are passing the 270 mark.. you are uphill and can use the hill to finish the last 90 degrees. Once you get good doing it with the "cheater hill" you can take it to the flat area at the bottom - be careful not to fillet anyone.

________

Honda d engine