Note to New Members ×

Carving a loop??

DiveBomber

2 Sharks at once?

http://www.selfcasttv.com/Selfcast/playVideo.do?ref=s/02/92

Don't start work yet, Willy. Good pole-board forecast for friday!

FRI

S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT... BECOMING SW

15 TO 20 KT LATE. SEAS 5 TO 8 FT. SHOWERS AND TSTMS LIKELY IN THE

MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

WOOOOHOOOOO!! ( water temps still sane in NE! )

post-182-141842221309_thumb.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry tille and tim, neither of the vid examples you posted are full 360 degree turns!

ive done what was shown in those vids (not on skis...just the degree of completion)

come on...someone somewhere has to have a full, complete, carved 360?

I agree with D-Sub that those videos are not "full carved" 360s. I do 270 with a wiggle at the bottom of virtually every run I take at Kirkwood.

That's actually how I learned about alpine boards - a guy saw me doing it with my freestyle board and tracked me down to tell me about about hardboots.

I'm pretty sure all of the people in the videos could do it with more practice and the proper slope. However, it wasn't caught on video. If someone supposedly can do a 720, than someone definitely can do a full 360 on edge. I'm surprised that most people on this forum can't do at least a 270 teardrop carve.

At least 6 or 7 years, I remember posting it on bol while fleecing terrified IT clients during the infamous Y2k computer scare... All the footage I've seen has the tail tweak at the end. You guys who do the SES and other expression sessions should find an ideal spot and have a contest. ( like the limbo ) Take some video and award a bottle of Absinth for the best "real" one.

I don't think it's possible on a "flat" slope. Maybe with those euro "hand skis" to cut down on the drag....Farting at the end might help too.

I know a spot at Wildcat where there is this smallish 3/4 bowl that juts out on the left side of a blue run, I can charge across the trail toeside goofy into it and then up the wall of the bowl, rip around the rim of the bowl 180*, then bear off down the wall of the bowl again and back onto the trail...you just have to check your line to end up going back DOWN the trail cause it trys to zip you back up or across the trail again right into traffic.....

If was all hard carvable surfacem it could be carved toeside 360...

CHRIST! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO RIDING!!!! JONESING BAD!!!

what type of absinthe?

Jade Verte Suisse is where it's at IMHO

I have seen the real deal full circle a couple times, the best I have seen it was by a little guy on a Madd, still don't have a clue who it was, young guy, about my age but this was back in 1998 or so, he is probably about 26 now maybe slightly older but not that much older unless he has a baby face

http://www.stoked.at/snowboard_freecarving_clips.html

download Beyond the limits it's the second movie from the top, under pureboarding.com

at the 2:00 mark, he does a FULL 360, not a 270 and tail spin. he's on edge the whole time, and carrying SICK amounts of speed.

the movie is pretty cool too. i wish i could carve moguls like that... :eek::eek:

re: what type of absinthe?

Jade Verte Suisse is where it's at IMHO

Bob, gotta go with the DOUBS absinthe.

Great fun to prepare, pouring in the ice water through the sugar cube on a strainer and watch it turn green and dance by itself...real live witches brew.

My brother in law brings all kinds of fun stuff from Europe. Great buzz if not overdone, Worst hangover ever though...Clear your schedule...

post-182-141842221347_thumb.jpg

absinthe from and of the slavic countries

Go french or go home when it comes to that stuff with a couple exceptions (swiss!)

start with these http://www.absintheonline.com/acatalog/Jade.html

The new absinthes became popular among hipsters, just as the drink had been 125 years before. But now the presence of thujone was a selling point. Marilyn Manson boasted of recording an album while "on" absinthe. Johnny Depp compared its effects to marijuana. "Drink too much," he said, "and you suddenly realize why Van Gogh cut off his ear."

We've got some coming back from Portugal soon. Newbie kiter from the old country tryin' to impress the old guys. Maybe have a DMT/thujone party

post-123-14184222136_thumb.gif

I seriously just like high quality herbal Liquors, absinthe has allot in common with wiskey when it comes to the range of quality

some absinthes are made from essential oil extracts that are mixed into grain alchohol instead of doing it by distilling the alcohol with plant matter in it, then coloring it with plant matter instead of with food coloring

if your absinth is too green you got low quality

a dmt/absinthe party is a little much, I'd love to see it though I would probably not partake of the DMT, be fun to watch the psychonaughts get blasted into the next dimension

wow, I think I went a little off topic

I figure if it's good enough for Vlad III ( aka Count Dracula ) it's good enough for me.

I'd try the french stuff...I'm no expert. I heard that some french brand found some 100+ year old bottles of the stuff and were able to replicate it and save it from extinction...You gotta love that!

I figure if it's good enough for Vlad III ( aka Count Dracula ) it's good enough for me.

I'd try the french stuff...I'm no expert. I heard that some french brand found some 100+ year old bottles of the stuff and were able to replicate it and save it from extinction...You gotta love that!

yup, that would be T. A. Breaux, he is from the US but opened a distillery in France, the stuff I have a link to is what it is

was offered it in spain and other place but never really had the desire to try it. upon arriving home from europe a few months ago, some loser customs agent at dulles airport asked me, "did you have absinthe" to which i answered "no" - not like it was any of his f'n business what i do outside the US. Then he goes "good, it's illegal" what a complete idiot. so what we he have done if i said "yes"? this guy would be a perfect American victim for Borat.

maybe he thought i was trying to bring it back.

Sweeeeeeeet Sweeeeeeet Absinthe. A few friends and I just killed a bottle this past weekend...so I hear.

Oh the dementia!

Also - recently scored a mason jar of Tennessee moonshine. HOOOOOOOOHAA! that went down hot but smooth.

Nice to see a few fellow carvers partake of the "juice of the devil".

was offered it in spain and other place but never really had the desire to try it. upon arriving home from europe a few months ago, some loser customs agent at dulles airport asked me, "did you have absinthe" to which i answered "no" - not like it was any of his f'n business what i do outside the US. Then he goes "good, it's illegal" what a complete idiot. so what we he have done if i said "yes"? this guy would be a perfect American victim for Borat.

maybe he thought i was trying to bring it back.

I Used to always bring it home in my carry on bag. Never had a problem its legal to own it just not sell it in the US. I am sure you can not do Carry on anymore since the liquid scare. As long as you do not exceed the max liter limit you can bring it in to the US every trip.

You can also have it shipped to you Via the internet.

mmmmm little water little sugar, lot of love.......Green fairy Blue fairy whatever..

why would absinthe be illegal in the US??? it was authorized back in france almost a decade ago, after they managed to remove the toxin that made guys crazy at Verlaine's times..

You should also try something we have here, coming from not far of La Grave: "Chartreuse": pretty hot pure, or mixed with tonic.

N

is good stuff

the reason it's not legal in the US is because it was banned during our prohibition period and on absinthe the ban was never lifted, I doubt the ban will be lifted anytime soon....................

the US is a very conservative country compared most of the EU, many people people here are pushing for a iranian style theocratic government, the right wing bible thumpers have dry counties down in the bible belt even

lets put it this way, there is actually debate about wether evolution should be tought in school or that the world is only 6000 years old.

the republican party of Texas(which the current president is a member of) even went so far as to declare themselves a christian party.

http://www.theocracywatch.org/

Thank god the republican party got a spanking in this mid term election, I hope some of the damage done to our government can be undone

http://cgi.ebay.com/La-Fee-Eye-SALE-ABSINTHE-Absinth-SPOON-leaflet_W0QQitemZ280047837138QQihZ018QQcategoryZ570QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280047837138

Gotta love paraphernalia... Anyone ever try the real greek Ouzo with opium in it?

Re: Bush getting spanked, yeah, but just think what could have been done with all the billions wasted on this arrogant war...We could have used it to convert the US automakers and fuel suppliers to "green" fuels from corn and sugarcane like Brazil recently did, but "big oil guys " don't play dat.

Worst president in history.