Note to New Members ×

Carving a loop??

DiveBomber

I'ld love to see a 720 on a snowboard too, carved off course.

As for doing 360s, its easy if you do it in a flat section of the hill, like a wide traverse. So basically you can carry full speed for the first 180 degrees.

I've seen skiers do 720. On slaloms I can achieve like 540 but no more. It's easier on skis I think

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that hot? Maybe not compared to your sister or cousins...

Remember, NH standards dictate girls with teeth recieve an automatic "5" so she's at least an 9.

AND she's got that whole Lucy Lui fem-bot thing going too.

Hope some lucky guy is getting all that hardware to jingle!

post-182-141842221261_thumb.jpg

Wow, Not only was that my first time doing a loop on skiis, I forgot I even Skiied last year... I bet I could keep looping,, Skiing is easy..But who wants to waste snowboarding time.....Pocket rocket 180s are not the best grommer ski neither..... :smashfrea

Not that hot? Maybe not compared to your sister or cousins...

Remember, NH standards dictate girls with teeth recieve an automatic "5" so she's at least an 9.

AND she's got that whole Lucy Lui fem-bot thing going too.

Hope some lucky guy is getting all that hardware to jingle!

So i guess that makes you sister/girlfreind a 3 Right Dano?? Gum job lover!!!

Nice one!

( And here I was thinking that I was the most annoying one on this board...)

Nah TinyWilly, Is #1 , but stand proud you're a very close second...

Its a bit Ironic isnt it, They say second is just the first loser... But in this case First is the number 1 loser :lol:

arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard!

And you're the Champ Willy!!! Hold your head high!!!.....NO!, your other head...retard!

sorry tille and tim, neither of the vid examples you posted are full 360 degree turns!

ive done what was shown in those vids (not on skis...just the degree of completion)

come on...someone somewhere has to have a full, complete, carved 360?

willy and dano...Im votin with you guys.

I don't think that a little wiggle at the end of a carved 360 is cheatin'. If you get the right set up on the terrain and charge a big bottom turn across the transition, then you can kinda skid the backside turn back up the hill to end up pointing downhill.That'll learn 'em.

not a 360 then , it's a "Roundhouse Cutback"

Step One

As with all of surfing’s glorious possibilities, speed is the key. Generate as much speed possible, using the high point of the wave as your catalyst. Riding high up near the lip or crest and then quickly veering downward creates a stockpile of power for your next move.

Step Two

Your move actually begins at the bottom of the wave as you approach the shoulder. Since you can’t create a truly arching roundhouse without approaching from a semi-bottom turn, you must veer off the bottom of the wave, paying special attention not to lose any speed. You want the most possible speed. I can’t reiterate that enough.

Step Three

Always keep your eyes on where you want to execute the change of direction. You don’t want to make your turn too early when the wave is too vertical, but you also don’t want to glide too far out beyond the shoulder where the wave is too flat to push you back into the white water.

Step Four

As you lift from your bottom turn, keeping your board flat on the wave face to retain full speed, unweight your foot and lean slightly back. But always abide by surfing’s golden rule of keeping most of your weight and body over the midpoint of your surfboard.

Step Five

Just as you feel the friction of the water grabbing your momentum but before lost much speed, begin your turn. Push down on your heels and lift the balls of your feet, thus submerging a small portion your inside rail to give added traction and avoid spinning out. Please allow me to repeat: Always abide by surfing’s golden rule of keeping most of your weight and body over the midpoint of your surfboard.

Step Six

As your board changes direction, so must your body and mind. Another golden rule of wave riding: Where your eyes look, your board will follow. This means that you must turn your head and upper body back toward the whitewater as your board turns.

As you get more advanced, you might want to touch the water with your inside hand. I find this gives a me a greater connection with the wave and even adds a little more stability and style to the cutback itself.

Step Seven

Once you have completed your turn and the nose of your board is pointed toward the oncoming whitewater, you are faced with a choice. Depending on the size and power of the wave, you can either aim high for the crest of the white water and essentially end your cutback with a lip re-entry or aim for the mid-section and feel the brunt of the wave’s power and guts (This requires some serious body and board stabilizing in big surf). Or you can aim low and attempt to avoid the wave’s power and avoid being knock down by the swirling foam. This may the safest route in bigger surf, but it does offer the best chance of losing the face of the wave and being left in the whitewater.

That is the front side roundhouse cutback in seven easy steps. Well, they sound easy at least. For further instruction, watch any video starring Martin Potter (circa 85), Tom Curren (preferably The Search series), Taylor Knox (possibly the best cutback in the biz), or Kelly (Freak show) Slater.

Keep surfing and smile.

http://surfing.about.com/od/surfinstruction/a/072204froundhou.htm