Note to New Members ×

Carving a loop??

DiveBomber

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

click on the camera, genius.

that is one weird video with CMC and the gun in the beginning.

I always got along with curt and his ego but that whole challenge thing was pretty silly. You learn alot chasing him around the mountain tho. I'd still rather chase Gilmour. Where IS Gilmour ? Hope he's back in force this winter. http://www.wendychao.com/ski/easter/

... and only once. Not on purpose - laid into a hard heelside avoiding some idiot darting out of the trees straight at me. It worked - collision avoided AND I got to get a better look at him afterwards. It happened really fast and I have been unabled to reproduce it in 3 tyears since even though I'm a much less crappy rider now :biggthump

... and only once. Not on purpose - laid into a hard heelside avoiding some idiot darting out of the trees straight at me. It worked - collision avoided AND I got to get a better look at him afterwards. It happened really fast and I have been unabled to reproduce it in 3 tyears since even though I'm a much less crappy rider now :biggthump

perhaps you tilted the board uber steep when the terrain was not uber steep? I seem to do that as a reflex when i get in "dear god i dont want to die!" mode (the panic right before nearly hitting somebody else). It resulted in a really tight heelside turn that i can't do when i try.

Come down to the bottom of the lift with alot of speed once and did 4, then the lift operator stopped me and wanted to check my pass. I told him not to bother me I told him "I'm Local".then again it could be the medical marijuanna my friend asked me to hold because his pockets were full and I'm a good guy? Kipp, Powdermountain dot net.

perhaps you tilted the board uber steep when the terrain was not uber steep? I seem to do that as a reflex when i get in "dear god i dont want to die!" mode (the panic right before nearly hitting somebody else). It resulted in a really tight heelside turn that i can't do when i try.

funny the best waves I've ever surfed...or the best I've ever surfed big waves was for the same reason...blacks beach 8'-12' on an 8'6" longboard gun; I made backside drops like my life depended on it (it probably did) and made every bottom turn that day I was the only guy in my group who didn't blow a drop...there is something to be said for fear and adrenaline.

On the Subject of Mr Gilmore; anyone know if he can be talked into doing it famous board setup clinic again?

Great skiing before the goofy bastard laugh, WOW why don't the grils at Powder Mountain look like that? Kipp :1luvu:http://www.wendychao.com/ski/easter/

I am sure no one had to twist Johns arm to wear the offit. I bet he even drove there with it on.

Its o-kay Powder Mtn doesn't have chicks like that. At wawawachusett you need some thing fun to make up fot the lack of vertical, or snow, or well courtisey........

I think she looks pretty damn good. For the most part every time I go to USA, I never meet women who look even half this good. I need to stop hanging out at the buffet at Circus Circus perhaps?

Quite a bit overweight, and probably needs to lay off the fast food :-) plus her hair isn't quite the same length on both sides, and it is possible that she has a freckle on her left hip, but all in all I am willing to overlook these small flaws....even though she is on teles.

As for the 720 carve, as we say on another website, pics or it didn't happen.

p.s. what does it rate?

Aspen Mountain (Ajax) is perfect for carving circles or more. Nto only is the whole upper section of the hill one big gully after another, at the very bottom of the gondola it rises up ever so slightly. On slow days I do one every time I get to the bottom.

Aspen Mountain (Ajax) is perfect for carving circles or more. Nto only is the whole upper section of the hill one big gully after another, at the very bottom of the gondola it rises up ever so slightly. On slow days I do one every time I get to the bottom.

That is the key, the shape of the hill. Good approach into a valley with a slightly higher side. Used to do it on the skis all the time until they put a PARK IN. It was perfect, out of the way. It was the perfect place to introduce people to a perfectly carved 360 circle. The track closes the circle without a skid. 720? That I have not seen carved. Sounds like a perpetual motion machine. We could definitly go more than 360 but not allot more.

This was also discussed at some length on the Epic Snowboard forum.

I've done carved 360s up a sidehill, using gravity to help on the last part of the loop. Would be stoked to see vids of both heelside and toeside carved 360s. I've never seen figure 8s or 720s, and would be especially stoked to see vids of those.

So post 'em if you got 'em.