Note to New Members ×

FS: Toe Piece and Bail for a Burton Plate Binding

Senior_Technical_Writer

Guest bbreidinger

i broke the plastic piece on the front of my burton plate bindings. if these are sold already (im assuming they are) could anyone just explain to me how to switch the broken bail with a new one on the binding cause it looks like there arent any screws or antyhing that would let u remove the bail. maybe im just a noob but im curious cause i dont want to spend 100 bucks for a new pair just beacuase of a broken toe piece. in that thought....anyone got any more toe piece bails or even just 1 binding they would be willing to sell?

Depends on what flavor of Burton bindings you have. Sounds like you've got the type in which the toe and heel blocks slide back and forth when a latch lever is lifted rather than unscrew, move block, align holes, replace screws. I'm not certain about this but it seems you may need to drill out the big rivets, remove toe block, remove old bail, replace with new bail. Now the tricky part... finding low profile fasteners to take the place of the destroyed rivets.

Good luck!

Guest bbreidinger

yeah after lookin at them it seems like thats the only way. are there any just plastic toe clips out there that latch onto the bail w/ out it having to be removed? or am i just gunna have to do it the hard way and take my chances with finding a new rivit or something to hold it considering it will be under a lot of force. thanks for the help