Boot fit question?

Holmes

I had my Deelux LeMans fit by a reputable boot fitter last year. They work just fine and i am pretty sure they are the right size 27.5and all , but after fitting one of my boot liners ended up with a rather large fold or wrinkle, and also seems to be the least comfortable boot. I would like to say they are comfortable but it would be a lie. I end up unbuckling them after every run, and snapping them closed at the top again, they feel really good to get off! According to the seller the liners should have one more fit in them, any thoughts? Oh yeah I chose to go with the budget insoles, medioum price not custom. I was also wondering is a wrinkle a mistake by the boot fitter or just my bad luck? Thanks guys can't wait for the snow, I got a pass this year and a flexible job too!

Yeah, reheat the liners and reset them.

You have to be careful when you close up the boots for storage. Make sure that there aren't any wrinkles in the lining before you put 'em away. If there are, they'll set.

Also, I suggest you get to a real good bootfitter. There are a couple in Tahoe and might also be one local to you. I don't know. I went with custom cork insoles and a different liner (Intuition). My boots are super comfortable and they lost almost a pound each in weight with the new liner. Well worth the $, especially since the liner and insole can be used in other boots.

I had my Deelux LeMans fit by a reputable boot fitter last year. They work just fine and i am pretty sure they are the right size 27.5and all , but after fitting one of my boot liners ended up with a rather large fold or wrinkle, and also seems to be the least comfortable boot. I would like to say they are comfortable but it would be a lie. I end up unbuckling them after every run, and snapping them closed at the top again, they feel really good to get off! According to the seller the liners should have one more fit in them, any thoughts? Oh yeah I chose to go with the budget insoles, medioum price not custom. I was also wondering is a wrinkle a mistake by the boot fitter or just my bad luck? Thanks guys can't wait for the snow, I got a pass this year and a flexible job too!

Hey Holmes,

Give up the reputable boot fitter's name and location, we can pay him/her a visit :eplus2: Seriously, the guys at Granite Chief at Squaw Valley are the best that I know of and if the fitting is not perfect they would want to do it again and make it fit correctly. Granite Chief does TONS of ski boot fittings, so they are practiced pros.

I've got my Kirkwood pass again for this year :biggthump

How about a Santa Cruz get together? Next Monday night? or?

Talk soon, Hugh