Note to New Members ×

td1vs td2 vs catek

snowboardfast

How much difference in the ride quality between td1 and td2 and catek? i currently am riding td1's and Catek World cups and I also have a pair of Catek olympics. I can't tell much difference between these bindings when it comes to dampening. I feel they are all very close and all work well. Just wondering if td2 is way better ?

TD1, TD2, Catek WC, and Catek Olympics all feel about the same to me. TD2 with the suspension kit has a distinct feel when riding ice, there's less of a tingly sensation from the vibration. I don't notice a difference in how the board rides, but it feels nicer on my feet. :) On anything other than ice, they all feel the same to me.

Good Question...

I have TD1 and TD2s , I have yet to feel the solid responsiveness I feel in a TD1 compared to a TD2. It appears to me the little round bumper close to the edge on a TD1 gives solid edge feel and response. I have switched the TD1 and TD2 on my 4X4 Prior 179 and my Blast 178 and prefer theTD1. I will try the hard ring this year and see if that helps. Anyone got any other ideas, I like the step in and out of a TD2, just not liking the ride right now.