Note to New Members ×

carving hottie

bobdea

Exotic might vary depending on where you live.

Actually, as far as snow sports are concerned, I think "exotic" is very race oriented.

I'm not trying to start any sort of racial war of any sort here, but in all honesty, I would say that the majority of people on the snow (both skiers and snowboarders) are caucasian (USA/Canada or of European origin). Seriously, how many black people (african or african american, whatever you think is PC) do you see on the slopes? How many native americans, latinos, or asians?

Even living in Los Angeles (which is ethnically one of the most diverse regions), the vast majority of people i see on the local slopes are of some sort of caucasian decent. Asians are probably the next to follow in line with respect to the slope population.

oh, and OT, she is a cutie. the sandboarders too :biggthump :biggthump

This is more a reflection of which countries are "priviledged." In this case, snowsports are isolated mainly to industrialized countries (I.E. the Westernized world). So, back on topic, I'd say "exotic" as far as the snow is concerned would be someone not of European background.

On that note aslo, looking at all the SES pictures, I'd say the overwhelming majority (at least 80%, which is a modest number) are of some sort of European decent. None of this is meant as a criticism or a bad thing; it's purely a reality of the sport (or my reality of how i see the sport, if you disagree).

Dude you need to get your butt over to Japan or Korea; won't see hardly any white faces there.

If you ski in a predominantly white country, you will see mostly white people.

I think the rates of skiing in Korea and Japan are 10%+ which is pretty high.

Although do take your point, there is a income cutoff, which puts fewer ethnic minorities on the slopes excluding Asians of course who tend to be high up in the income stakes, but only Koreans and Japanese have histories of skiing; with 1m+ Thais in LA (supposedly) they still don't have it in their blood to want to hang out in super cold weather.

During the time that I lived in Whistler, the national brotherhood of skiers had their winter carnival at Whistler / Blackcomb twice. I met between five and ten "brothers" riding plates each time. They were always interested in what setup I was riding and were pretty cool cats in general. They like to kid each other a lot too, which is fun to watch.

later,

Dave R.

Yeah, and it dont quit, I think they in the mood for some Muth***in G Sh*t:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJ9zOyzI4w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJ9zOyzI4w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

On that note aslo, looking at all the SES pictures, I'd say the overwhelming majority (at least 80%, which is a modest number) are of some sort of European decent. .

Around Vanouver, it is very close to 50% Asians on the slopes. Quite a few Africans can be spoted, too.

When I lived in South Africa, one year I was defeted at National Championships by an African skier in Sl and GS, both. He was also a ski instructor, and they were training another girl to become a first black ski instructoress ever...

When I lived in South Africa, one year I was defeted at National Championships by an African skier in Sl and GS, both. He was also a ski instructor, and they were training another girl to become a first black ski instructoress ever...

ONE. and FIRST EVER... it's like we're talking about california condors or something. hence, your instructoress would definitely qualify as "exotic."

Dude you need to get your butt over to Japan or Korea; won't see hardly any white faces there.

If you ski in a predominantly white country, you will see mostly white people.

I think the rates of skiing in Korea and Japan are 10%+ which is pretty high.

:lol::lol: I didn't say minorities on the slopes DID NOT exist. lol.

There's always an exception to everything. Yao Ming plays pro basket ball (there's your asian dude in BB). Danica Patrick is a female NASCAR racer (so yes, there are women in NASCAR). There's a number of black quarterbacks in pro football etc. etc.

BTW, the greater Los Angeles area isn't predominantly white (something like 39% or 40% now i think), yet when you go to the local slopes Mt. High, Big Bear, and Mt. Baldy it sure looks like it's predominantly white. Also, i did mention that asian population on the slopes was relatively noticable. Other ethnic groups tend to stick out a lot more on the slopes though.

Also, Korea and Japan are industrialized nations (korea, not yet fully industrialized, but they're getting there), which is why they have access to snowsports. India however, how many gold medals have you seen from them in the winter olympics? What about cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, the Philippines? All non-industrialized "developing" countries, and hence not much representation if any.

Bottom line, if you did an ethnic percentage break up of people that participated in snowsports worldwide as in:

(ethnic origin)/(total number of all people found on the slopes worldwide)*100

you'd probably get greater than 60% being of some sort of European decent. That is what you'd call the norm. When it comes down to it, this is a sport for people who have some extra pocket change (don't have to be wealthy, but you can't be living paycheck to paycheck... i'm sure there are exceptions to this also).

Sorry for thread jacking Bob. I was just trying to get across my point of what I thought was "exotic." And back to that sandboarder site that someone else posted, i saw a few "exotic" hotties there.

P.S. Divebomber, that video was awesome in a ballsy sort of way.

Seriously, how many black people (african or african american, whatever you think is PC) do you see on the slopes? How many native americans, latinos, or asians?

Tons of asians on the slopes, particularly snowboarders hanging around in the terrain park. It's the young, hip, urban thing to do, after all. Here in the SF Bay Area we have a little asian hardboot posse - at least 5-6 of us that I know of (which is a pretty large percentage considering the total number ;) )

not enough "minorities" on the slopes. Someone should write a law, use tax money to subsidize equipment, transpo and lift tickets, and THEN write another law. Maybe 5 more!

Lol, you're taking it all out of context.

A white girl on the slopes is not an "exotic" hottie. She's a hottie, just not "exotic." Well, technically, if she were to come here, she'd be considered exotic since she's "from a different country." She just doesn't have an exotic appearance.

I didn't say there NEEDS to be more minorities on the slopes. Hell, there doesn't NEED to be more of anything on the slopes, except for snow.

Is it so wrong that racial populations originating from industrialized nations (mostly european as of today) dominate the slopes? Nope. they're just not "exotic." that's all I was trying to say. it's all correlational, which in essense means jack sh*t.

A honda civic isn't an exotic car. A porsche 911, is slightly exotic. They exist and you see them a fair amount of the time on the roads, but not as much as you'd see a honda civic. A lamborgini and ferrari are highly exotic as far as percentage and sitings.

I think they should write laws so that all of us can drive porsches, ferraris, and lambos. that way they wouldn't be exotic

very simple question, if you go ANYWHERE in the world where they have ski lifts and i bet you a brand new custom virus or pogo that "I would see more caucasians than african-(insert country of origin since they're not all from america...) on the slopes" would you take that bet?