Note to New Members ×

Pre season stock up

Gleb

What did you guys and gals get for this season?

Since this is my 2nd year on plates, I upgraded virtually every aspect of my gear from last year.

So far:

F2 Silberpfeil 172

F2 Speedster RS 183

Catek OS1 short

UPZ RSV SL

Conshox

Atomic SX 7 170 (skis)

Stix ski poles from SteepAndCheap

Borne goat skin gloves with alpac wool on the inside:1luvu:

backpacks:

Mountainsmith off piste 20

Camelbak Menace with a 2L bladder

Plus season passes:

Wachusett (midweek riding)

Threedom Pass-Waterville, Loon, Cranmore (Winter and Spring Break riding)

Jay Peak/Bolton Valley-Weekend riding

Gotta love working my ass off and then getting to finally enjoy it. Total is over $2k but i got good deals in my opinion, most of it spent in the past two months. Broke as a joke now :o

Still need:

Intec Heel (will order in next 2 weeks)

Better Liners (maybe)

New Pants (next year)

New Jacket (Next year)

Edit:My current quiver. Big increase from having only the green Mountain Dew Skis at this time last year.

HPIM0176.jpg

My new Donek Axxess arrived in July. That was unplanned, but very welcome!

I bought a second set of TD1's off Neil Sunday at the end of last season, I'm going to retro them to step ins, the parts should arrive any day.

I have new down-filled mitts, we'll see if they keep my hands warm.

I also scored some great cheap merino underlayers while I was on holiday in New Zealand.

On the viewing list at MEC today is a Goretex jacket. I bought a set of MEC Goretex full bibs last season (which rock), but they're black and marine - a deep teal blue colour - rather than straight black. I haven't been able to match a jacket and I don't really want an all black one, but MEC has one this season that might be the same colour ... I'll go see today.

I'm talking to Dave at yyzcanuck about a new set of Track 325's. My Raichles were second hand and the person I bought them off had a much wider foot than me. Plus, the 325's are gorgeous enough for me to justify the price tag.

I also need some new goggles. Come on, Steep and Cheap (Overstock.com had some great Oakley A-Frames, but I don't have a US mule). My cheap Bolles fog like crazy and I hate them.

I can't really justify a new board this season, my quiver is doing pretty good for the time being - 5 boards is a lot for a 15-day-a-season rider. If a Silberpfeil was to come up at a silly price I'd be all over it, but that would be the only exception...

a Coiler, 185ish with a 15 or so meter radius with a little something extra and a 195 waist

new liners for my OLD boots

some BTS springs

a tanker 177

burton driver Xs

still looking for a nice carver girl to lay trenches with, Allee, Aisling, Skatha, Michelle and ski puppy why have I not received your applications?

Added:

New Donek GS (Tucker04) 180 Olympic

New Coiler AM 172 w/ 12m sidecut

NOS Rad Air Tanker 192

Used Madd 158

New Intec heels (for when my current ones wear out)

Yet another TD2 2nd board kit

Subtracted:

Donek Axis 172 (slated to become a bench when my Incline 168 dies too)

Plus season passes:

Wachusett (midweek riding)

Threedom Pass-Waterville, Loon, Cranmore (Winter and Spring Break riding)

Jay Peak/Bolton Valley-Weekend riding

Ouch. Bad deal on the Threedom Pass. 3 of THE most crowded mountains in NH, and none are good for carving anyway (save a few trails at loon).

After being a Threedom Passholder for the last 3 years, I upgraded from a Threedom Pass to the College Breakout Pass- Cannon, Gunstock, and Sunapee.

Good Call on the Jay Peak pass though :biggthump I love that place on my pow board.

Im also getting a new Jeep shortly. Hopefully I'll be ordering it on monday :biggthump

I actually havent put my payment for the threedom pass yet. Cannon is one of my favorite mountains that I've been to around there but i havent explored it enough to find too many good carving trails. How is mt sunapee and gunstock for carving?

New softgoods Stuff:

Patagonia Dimension softshell

TAD gear Ranger fleece hoody

Ibex merino wool long underwear - tops & bottoms

Protec helmet

BUFF neckwear

Oakley Crowbar goggles

Black Diamond ice climbing gloves for riding

Dakine rolling board bag

Dakine heli pack (2nd one- the original one is still going strong after 15 years)

Hardgoods:

Oxygen Proton 164 Ti

2 pairs of Catek OS2's

2 spare OS2 baseplates and powerplates

Scarpa Spirit 3 AT boots

Barryvox Avalanche transceiver

1 Arbor Fish skateboard

4 new Nokian Hakkapilettas WSR's for my VW Jetta 1.8T

I've also just finished scraping off the storage base wax off of my quivver and done new edge tunes....

Gunstock is a nightmare on weekends. Even more crowded and frustrating than Loon/WV. It's saturated with lots of families & beginners. It'll drive you insane. Although, it does have a few great carving trails and a nice view. How crowded is Sunapee? My bro-in-law is coaching mitey-mites there this winter. I'm hoping to check it out.

Loon isn't that bad. It definitely gets crowded, but most weekends it's tolerable. Loon attracts a lot of hardbooters. On most weekends there are usually 5-8+ of us on plates which is tons of fun. I gotta make it to Cannon & Wildcat this winter for some variety and I also want to check out Bretton Woods for carving. An extra 15-30 minutes in the car could=less time standing in lift lines.

New gear:

TD2 step-ins

BTS

TD2 Suspension Kit

New wheels:

06 Subaru LLBean Outback

Deleted :

1 178 volkl

1 181 wild duck

retired 1 coloumbia titanium jacket after 1 season, what a waste, and 1 pair of north face bibs after 3

replaced 1 set of studded snows

added:

1 burton jacket and pants( gotta love garts sniagrab)

1 donek axxes(see win a free donek thread)

2 pairs of alpine designs snowboard socks

2 step in kits

1 loveland pass

1 4 day aspen classic pass

:biggthump mario

cool, you guys have spent way more money than i have :biggthump:biggthump

that makes me feel much better. That way I can justify more future expenses this season...

Gear:

-Donek FCI 171

-TD2 (standard)

-Deeluxe Sazukas

-BTS kit (on the way i'm hoping)

Tools:

-side of beast pro

-base beast (0.5 to 1.5 and everything inbetween)

-iron

-plane beast (kinda useless except on one of my boards unfortunately)

-beast brushes (nylon, horsehair, brass)

-DTM stones (200, 400, 600, 1200 grit)

-gummi stone

-swix file

-some clamps/vise grips

-and a few other tools i can't remember

definitely going to get (waiting for Ski Dazzle expo in LA, this november):

-new pants

-body armor (or maybe just turtle shell)/padded shorts

-new backpack/camel pack

misc:

-season pass to Mt. High (hopefully they get a lot of snowfall and open the east side, where they have ZERO park features and only carving runs)

-all weather mats for truck

I actually havent put my payment for the threedom pass yet. Cannon is one of my favorite mountains that I've been to around there but i havent explored it enough to find too many good carving trails. How is mt sunapee and gunstock for carving?

Sunapee is also a nightmare on weekends, but during the week it is absolute bliss. Gunstock isn't THAT bad on the weekends, but it does get crowded. Cannon is THE best mountain in the state, IMO. All of the front 5 are great for carving when they're groomed, and actually...the whole mountain is great...I mean terrible. Nobody should go there, it's UBER crowded, icy, cold, windy, icy, steep and infested with bears during the summer. Oh how I do love it.

Cannon actually isn't crowded. At all. I usually go on a weekday and the last time we were there I counted 15 cars in the lot. Weekends, usually around 50 or so cars. I HIGHLY reccomend that you switch to the cannon pass gleb. It's cheaper than the Threedom to boot. Just don't tell your friends please.

Deleted :

1 178 volkl

1 181 wild duck

retired 1 coloumbia titanium jacket after 1 season, what a waste, and 1 pair of north face bibs after 3

replaced 1 set of studded snows

added:

1 burton jacket and pants( gotta love garts sniagrab)

1 donek axxes(see win a free donek thread)

2 pairs of alpine designs snowboard socks

2 step in kits

1 loveland pass

1 4 day aspen classic pass

:biggthump mario

you wanna split an aspen stay? Im hesitant to go out there, cause I dont feel like slumming it for a couple days out there, let alone in tired of the drive to the mtns

Sunapee is also a nightmare on weekends, but during the week it is absolute bliss. Gunstock isn't THAT bad on the weekends, but it does get crowded. Cannon is THE best mountain in the state, IMO. All of the front 5 are great for carving when they're groomed, and actually...the whole mountain is great...I mean terrible. Nobody should go there, it's UBER crowded, icy, cold, windy, icy, steep and infested with bears during the summer. Oh how I do love it.

Cannon actually isn't crowded. At all. I usually go on a weekday and the last time we were there I counted 15 cars in the lot. Weekends, usually around 50 or so cars. I HIGHLY reccomend that you switch to the cannon pass gleb. It's cheaper than the Threedom to boot. Just don't tell your friends please.

I wont be going there on weekends, only during my winter and spring break. My spring break doesnt line up with most other spring breaks so that'll be good. As far as price is concerned, the two different passes are the same, at least till november 31st, then the threedom goes to $300.

I forgot to mention, I also got 2 different backpacks for Tuckerman's. Mountainsmith Off Piste 20 and Camelbak Menace. I think I'm gonna sell my mountainsmith but not sure yet. Also, need to get some intec heels from bomber :biggthump

did just score some Marmot gortex pants at TJMax for $100. Even have built in knee pads.

Oh and just picked up off ebay, a pair of Fischer F9000ti ski boots. Primarily for the side profile of the boot which should be better for boot out. They also allow the feet to be slightly duckfoot. Which suposedly lines up the knees with the skis better. Duck foot is better - I can't believe I said that.

Snowdealsnow has a whole bunch of them on ebay, very cheap.

BobD

Scored used size 30 Malamutes just now off the 'bay

Gonna build (vacuum bag) myself a 174+ all mtn carver, but first I'll learn by:

(1) building my 10-year-old a 121 twin tip with oak sidewalls

a slightly larger twin with standard sidewalls

a pair of all-mtn skis for a good friend

cross country skis for my wife

I mill my own planks from locally felled trees. Looking forward to this!

Hope the East gets some snow (Cataloochie notwhithstanding)

This year I have bought:

Prior WCR 161 (at SES 06)

New Subaru Outback (awesome car, highly recommend)

New kayak paddles x 3

New road bike

New mountain bike

Season Pass to Mt Hotham / Falls Creek (in the worst snow season on record - I did 5 days and needed to do 9 to make it pay - don't recommend at all)

New ticket to USA for 9 Feb 07 to 17 Feb 07

I refrained from buying (yet):

New kayak @ $2500

New surf ski @ $2800

New ocean racing ski @ $3500

Additional days in USA

New snowboards (but wait til I get riding again)

I have de-listed:

1 x Subaru Forester

1 x mountain bike

1 x kayak paddle

If I buy any more toys I think my marraige will be over before it even begins!