Note to New Members ×

Wanted: riders for City League team, Mt Bachelor

Mike T

I'm looking for people interested in City League racing at Mt Bachelor. This is definitely a 'just for fun' thing - I myself have only raced once in my life - but I think I have already caught the bug. Just thought it would be cool to have an all-alpine team. Need 6 to make a team.

Mike if you'll pay for me to get their I am in... ;) ;)

Man I wish we had a local race scene...that so cool

There really is no scene here. In fact last year City League didn't happen at all due to lack of teams signed up... one reason I am trying to get the ball rolling now.

We don't even have a full-time NASTAR course set up here anymore, like all the places at SES did. I had intended to run the course a few times but was so wide-eyed with everything else going on that I never got around to it.

But that one race I did last year was enough to make me want to do it more - BADLY. I didn't do sooooooooooooooo bad for a first timer and would really like to understand all these things you and the other racers are talking about!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just got a note from MBSEF who was running City League saying they will not be doing it this year.

Anyone know what day of week and time the Ski Bowl races are? If it were say Monday nights I could probably make it up. Weekends are out as I will be riding at Bachelor with my family for the entuire season.

Mike,

I did the Ski Bowl series a few years ago. There were a few boarders. The courses were set for skiers but were excellent for snowboards too. I think they were on Friday nights for about 8 weeks. It was a mostly positive deal.

The negatives were: It's night skiing. It's cold, visibility is less than desirable. It's Ski Bowl, which is at a pretty low altitude. Sometimes it was raining...or was it snow...or was it rain. Often they had to salt because the base was not firm enough to hold together.

The area does a commendable job making it the best they can but it's a far cry from running unlimited runs of Nastar in Aspen on perfect snow and clear sky.

Tim

Mike,

I did the Ski Bowl series a few years ago. There were a few boarders. The courses were set for skiers but were excellent for snowboards too. I think they were on Friday nights for about 8 weeks. It was a mostly positive deal.

The negatives were: It's night skiing. It's cold, visibility is less than desirable. It's Ski Bowl, which is at a pretty low altitude. Sometimes it was raining...or was it snow...or was it rain. Often they had to salt because the base was not firm enough to hold together.

The area does a commendable job making it the best they can but it's a far cry from running unlimited runs of Nastar in Aspen on perfect snow and clear sky.

Tim

F***. Friday is actually one night I cannot drive up as my wife has anoether commitment.

I guess we'll be spending a week visiting a resort with a full-time course set up. Maybe later in the seaon when my 4yo can run the gates too!