Note to New Members ×

Board bags, gloves, stomp pads

dshack

1) Opinions on the bomber board bag? How tough is the nylon (compared to, say, Burton or Dakine)?

2) Are there any cheap (sub-$50), durable gloves out there?

3) What sort of stomp pads do y'all use?

Stoked about the rain here in oregon; I keep checking the Mt. Hood Meadows webcam to watch the progress...

its worth the $$ bc its a lot tougher than standard bags. you may need the one for 2 skis if you have a really long board. a google search for sportube (or a bomber search) will yeild plenty of info. :biggthump

i dont use any stomp pads.

i destroy all the gloves i buy quickly....i have yet to find a good pair.

Dammm i see the sport tube only holds boards up to 183........my 184 coiler will have to find a new home :mad: !!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Dammm i see the sport tube only holds boards up to 183........my 184 coiler will have to find a new home :mad: !!!!!!!

The SportTube 2 easily fits my Coiler 188. I hever did check to see if my Tnker is too wide for it... I can do that if it would help. I'm big fan of the DaKine Spike Stomps (on those decks that need one... and anything I intend to ride in powder)

I don't use any stomp pad. I have one on my board, but don't use it. I have step ins, so any time I'm not clicked in I am either kicking or practicing (showing off) my skills riding on one foot (ie, almost flat ground and my back foot not even close to my board, kinda like an airplane on one foot...)

Snowraider gloves - I have two pair, one has never been used. I prefer the longer gauntlet. In the cold, the fingers of the gloves have a tendancy to stick together. This can be eliminated by running a bead of shoe goo, silicone or hot glue between the joints and allowing whatever to cure (while separated) before wearing. The gloves are lighter weight and you may want to wear a liner with them if it is less than 20* F.

To increase the life of most any glove or mit, you can apply a thin coat or two of shoe goo. I have found it best to apply before when the gloves are new, before the wear begins.