Note to New Members ×

any thoughts on the TD Gold?

Guest ninjatiff

Guest ninjatiff

I made the transition to hard boots and plate bindings last winter. Got the TD2...love them! Thinking of upgrading to the titanium version to save a little weight (I'm strictly a backcountry rider so every little bit helps). Anyone out there currently riding the titanium TD? Would love to know what folks think. Is it worth it or am I being a total gear head? A few stats that may matter...I'm a 125 lb female riding a Burton Feelgood ES (155) and Garmont Mega Lite boots. I'm still a bit of a newbie when it comes to the hard boot set-up so any input is appreciated.

I made the transition to hard boots and plate bindings last winter. Got the TD2...love them! Thinking of upgrading to the titanium version to save a little weight (I'm strictly a backcountry rider so every little bit helps). Anyone out there currently riding the titanium TD? Would love to know what folks think. Is it worth it or am I being a total gear head? A few stats that may matter...I'm a 125 lb female riding a Burton Feelgood ES (155) and Garmont Mega Lite boots. I'm still a bit of a newbie when it comes to the hard boot set-up so any input is appreciated.
The Titanium version cuts out only a quarter of a pound or 128 grams (a McD's BigMac is heavier) of weight. There are lighter bindings you can get that probably work very well for someone your weigh.

Guest ninjatiff
Not to disparage Bomber but if you're 135 lbs and riding a Feelgood, there are lighter bindings that would work for you.

I would like to know more about these "lighter binding" options. I went with the TD2 originally because I wasn't finding a whole lot out there. It performs great and is fine for powder riding but I know it's definitely more binding than I need. If I could get my hands on some of the old Burton plates I'd be stoked. I'd love any other recommendations...

Guest ninjatiff
The Titanium version cuts out only a quarter of a pound or 128 grams (a McD's BigMac is heavier) of weight. There are lighter bindings you can get that probably work very well for someone your weigh.

Wow. Thought I'd save a lot more weight...any specific recommendations?