Note to New Members ×

Gles?

Guest Ghostrider

Guest Ghostrider

Hey Great Lakes Riders!

Anybody want to get together and go ride for a 2nd annual Great Lakes Expression Session?

How about the Kalamazoo, MI Crew? Any of you guys out there hittin up the 'ridge or the 'sweet?!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve Berthel

Well, it's nice to see that there might be some interest in getting some Michigan carvers together! I hit Bittersweet every Wednesday, the snow and grooming has been exceptional this year. I would like to do a mid-week thing up at Nubs Nob so we don't have to deal with a lot of tourists. Anybody else up for it?

I'm all for getting together and doing some riding. I'm new to hardbootin this year. During the week i got classes, on the weekends i am either racing on skis, racing on the board, or freeriding at crystal mountain if nothing else is going on. The only time i get close to nubs is during the boyne highlands downhill race at the end of the season.

Guest Steve Berthel

Having been carving for over 17 years, I still find it enjoyable to hook up and ride with other people who carve. It can be pretty lonely out there having to deal with Ski-School instructors, Ski-Patrollers, and the so-called shape skiers who want to make turns like us but don't have what it takes to do it! I agree that "Expression Session" is lame and should be retired. When we go out on Sundays we always call it "Slope-Side Services", or we could call it "Itchin' For Ditchin". Whatever.

um 17 years is a long time so yeah, thats pretty awesome. i think i am starting to understand that by expression session you mean a bunch of hardbooters gettin together and showin their stuff. about the skiers though, i dont think they are trying to look like snowboarders, because so many of them have never seen a pair of hard boots on a board before.

Guest Ghostrider

Hey Bert! This is Bill Hartman...I rode with you guys last year up at nub's. If you guys are gonna head to bittersweet this wed, Id love to meet up with you! So far it looks like all the people interested in the "events formally known as expression sessions" live in Kalamazoo...maybe we just hit up the 'sweet?

Guest Steve Berthel

Hi Bill! I am going to Ohio with my wife on Thursday, so I am working at the brewery today (Wed.). We will be heading to Bittersweet next week, though. Let me know if you can make it. We usually meet in the parking lot at the far end of the lodge at 9:30. Cheers! Bert

Guest Ghostrider

I'll be at the sweet for sure! I'll see if I can rally up a couple extra riders too.

Kinda last minute, but I'm going to Timberridge this morning (Wed.) to set gates with David and Kelly Seelbinder at 11am if you can break away from the brewery.

Cheers!

Oh come on Jenny, i said my name was Rob, not Jack. From WMU it's Bill, Jack and I going to nationals. I'm still not sure weather you are talking to jack and i am just confused because i have never seen him on this forum before, or you did that just for fun. Anyway, let us know where you are staying and all that good stuff. Although, i'm sure you've already told the husband right?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve Berthel

Hi Mike! I will be at Nubs Monday & Tuesday this coming week. I think that this is my last blast for the season. Now it's time to start riding my bicycles. I'm bummed that I didn't get a chance to ride with you this year. Give me a call at the breweryif you are close to Kazoo. Cheers! Bert

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

sooner or later, the same putz who trademarked the name "boardercross" is going to come along and trademark "expression session".

remember the stickers that said Palmercross

hmm I can see it now Palm session