Note to New Members ×

Cant Disks, and your setup

jnshapiro

My board arrived! That bright metallic blue topsheet is something else! I waxed it up and am ready to install the bindings.

I've a bunch of cant disks for my TD2's (either here or on order) and I'm trying to figure out how to set it up. It's been over 8 years since I've been out and I'm not sure that what I was doing is going to be best suited.

So, out of curiosity, what is your setup as far as cant goes? Please specify as front/back as opposed to Left/Right.

Oh, yes, I've read the articles.

Thanks!

Joel

Guest kennyusmc

Hey Joe ,

You will get some really great advise on here ,and if you ride northstar or squaw Brian at elite feet will set them up for you. he is carver himself and they stock head stratos pros. I ride northstar and sierra . A lot of people love kirkwood but since working for the forest service up highway 88 I have no desire to drive that road during the winter. hit me up maybe we can ride together

NOV 18th is around the corner

Ken

Hey Ken, that's an idea. I'm pretty happy with my boots though. Got a BTS kit on order.

As for hitting Squaw or something, sure, that sounds great! Most of my riding will likely be mid-week. Tuesday and Friday day trips will work out best.

Lonerider, thanks for the links. I went through those, but didn't get much info other than to just experiment.

I'm looking for a good place to start. If a bunch of folks are riding a similar setup then that might be a good place to start from.

I think you'll find that there are as many different setups as there are riders but, for what it's worth, here's mine. Six degree plate under my front foot with the highest part toward the nose of the board. At 60 degrees this gives me about 4 1/2 degrees of toe lift and about 1 1/2 degrees of cant toward the inside of my knee (helps with pressuring my heelside edge). Six degree plate under my back foot with the highest part toward the heel side edge of my board. At 60 degrees this compensates for the severe valgus (knock knee) of my back leg (my front leg has been surgically straightened) and gives me a little heel lift. So, my setup will only show how "out there" some can be.