Note to New Members ×

WTB Burton 3D disks

bjvircks

I'm sure shops do have boxes of disks... but I'm nowhere near any shops! :( The only 'choice' I have is a big-box sporting goods store 45 miles away that will be happy to sell me a blister pack set at full retail + tax :mad: after I drive there and back for the privilege of shopping there.:freak3:

delivered to my door is really sweet:1luvu: , plus I get to send money to a real person instead of to a big company

Brad:ices_ange

I have stacks of the 3Ds that I would gladly give away for postage... better yet, trade me for a set of 4x4 offset disks.

If anyone has Burton 7 degree cant wedge in a 4 hole pattern... or even just a spare insert in the 4 hole, I will pay top dollar for either.

Sorry to jack your thread bj... as long as I continue to ride in Burton plates, I will be begging for those items every chance I get.

Sorry to jack your thread bj... as long as I continue to ride in Burton plates, I will be begging for those items every chance I get.

Hey T.V.R

I'm trying to contact klugriding to see if they're going to reproduce the burton aluminum discs as well. I think they will probably make aluminum 4x4 discs, but probably not 3D

keep yer' fingers crossed

later,

Dave R.

Well, duh... Thanks for triggering my alzheimer's riddled memory, Thor Von R !!! I just realized I need a 3D center plug for my wedge cant, one standard 3D disk, one offset 3D disk.

Got your emails Bryan. Thanks for thinking of me. Can you help with the 3 items above?

Thor... anything you might be able to part company with?

Oldkey ??? Any help?? If I hadn't sold you my first raceplates and cant last year I wouldn't be in this mess! My bad !:smashfrea

Brad

Hey guys ! I'm gonna do something sooner or later about this. Really... that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thor & Oldsnowboards, I appreciate it.

Just to be sure we are talking about the same flavor of parts, here is a photo of what I presently have in place. Now need 3D version set (reg 3D disk, offset 3D disk, 3D cant centerpiece) If it makes any difference the cant wedge is the odd shaped ribbed thing.

Thanks,

Brad

edit 12-03-06 : There is no need for anybody to follow up to me. I have recieved the needed disks and so I'm VERY satisfied. Just like the dog that I am.. I got what I wanted then rolled over and went to sleep...

post-1998-141842220544_thumb.jpg

Well, duh... Thanks for triggering my alzheimer's riddled memory, Thor Von R !!! I just realized I need a 3D center plug for my wedge cant, one standard 3D disk, one offset 3D disk.

Got your emails Bryan. Thanks for thinking of me. Can you help with the 3 items above?

Thor... anything you might be able to part company with?

Oldkey ??? Any help?? If I hadn't sold you my first raceplates and cant last year I wouldn't be in this mess! My bad !:smashfrea

Brad

...another thread hijack (keeps you at the top - :) )

It's Burton's fault for coming up with an insert pattern different from EVERYBODY else...what were they thinking / smoking??

I've got some of these pieces if you need 'em and the other sources fall through for some reason.

-w

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Thor, you still looking for one? Wavechaser, correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Burton come out with the 3D insert pattern before the other manufacturers were even putting inserts in the board? When I first got into boarding, (I don't remember how long ago but alot of resorts still banned it) my first board had the bindings screwed into the top sheet. Then Burton came out with 3D inserts. (Probably patented it so everybody else had to do something different.) Maybe I'm wrong? Were other people using the indexed disc to adjust binding angle?

While we're on the subject, I too have Burton bindings and 4 hole boards and the whole cant plate thing was a pain. I solved the problem by making my own cant plates out of wood. It's not that hard if you have the tooling to rip wood at an angle. I use a 10" table saw. I use much longer bolts and through bolt the bindings through the cant directly to the board. If there are interested parties I will post how I make them.

Hey Thor, you still looking for one? Wavechaser, correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Burton come out with the 3D insert pattern before the other manufacturers were even putting inserts in the board? When I first got into boarding, (I don't remember how long ago but alot of resorts still banned it) my first board had the bindings screwed into the top sheet. Then Burton came out with 3D inserts. (Probably patented it so everybody else had to do something different.) Maybe I'm wrong? Were other people using the indexed disc to adjust binding angle?

I'm always looking for 4hole 7degree cant plates. ssegress@earthlink.net

That's a good question... not sure which is the chicken or egg in this case

While we're on the subject, I too have Burton bindings and 4 hole boards and the whole cant plate thing was a pain. I solved the problem by making my own cant plates out of wood. It's not that hard if you have the tooling to rip wood at an angle. I use a 10" table saw. I use much longer bolts and through bolt the bindings through the cant directly to the board. If there are interested parties I will post how I make them.

I've always wondered if this was a possability... I would really like to see some pics of this.

Thor, I have one aluminum middle piece for 7 degree cant plate you can have. I am using the plastic that goes around it. I will mail it to you if you want it. As for the pictures of my home made cants, they look just like Burtons because I use them for the template and paint them black. Another option I have used is to mix up some epoxy putty, put some sharan wrap in the empty hole of your cant plate, then smash in the putty and let harden. Pop it out, sand if needed, and drill the four holes. It's important to lay out and drill the holes from the bottom side of the slug, and keep them perpendicular to the bottom so the bolts goe in the board straight. Again, use long bolts and bolt through the cant into the deck