Note to New Members ×

Sims Splittail 180's or 190's

Corduroy Artisan

I HATE YOU ALL AND I HATE MYSELF FOR SELLING OFF MY BURNERS!

Yeah, after my next Coiler I'm in the market for a Burner as well, or anything close to 200 cm, I miss the long stuff

Might even do a 188 burner

such good boards, the soft tail feel is unique, I'd love to get on a Coiler with a split tail I know they exist but have yet to see one other than in pictures.

I know there are a few as well as a couple priors and burtons.

I've only seen two of the burtons

Alright, this is off topic and not meant to hijack the thread, but. . .

I have owned a 188 and a couple 197's. They rode well. . . but whats the deal with the cult following. Is it just because they are hard to get that they are so sought after?

I am a long board fan, and I have ridden many long boards that ride notably better than the 197, and you can still get them easily/new. I remember for a while, the burner was the only board longer than a 185 that was available to the public. . . but now, there are several. If you have the money to get a hard to find burner, go to Prior, or Donek or coiler and order a board. I have ridden several Donek 195s that BURY the burner. I have ridden a coiler 19o something that was incredible as well. Tinkler appears to have a mean product too that I hope to try out this winter.

I sold all my burners once I owned a donek 195. The burner just couldnt keep up with it, and I had seen too many broken tails. Figured I would cash out before mine broke as well.

just my unwelcome 2 cents.

~tb

If you have the money to get a hard to find burner, go to Prior, or Donek or coiler and order a board. I have ridden several Donek 195s that BURY the burner. I have ridden a coiler 19o something that was incredible as well. Tinkler appears to have a mean product too that I hope to try out this winter.

I sold all my burners once I owned a donek 195. The burner just couldnt keep up with it, and I had seen too many broken tails. Figured I would cash out before mine broke as well.

just my unwelcome 2 cents.

~tb

I agree with you about getting a custom board. I think I said something like that in an earlier post. But I still think that the burner is a special board. Every time I ride my 188, I can't imagine what you could do to it to make it any better. A custom board builder will build anything that you pay them to. Although I think that they would vehemently advise against a split tail for the reason that you stated. I hope that anyone seeking a burner is going to ride it and not turn it into a wall queen for all his jerkstore buddies to get all hot in the pants for. I think if I had my choice, I would go for a coiler 196SG with a 19 meter radius and a 180mm waist, between 12 and 15mm of camber, 4mm of taper, and a silver / gray top sheet (Like nordica's ski's). That makes me hot in the pants just thinking about it, or maybe a prior..................

later,

Dave R.

later,

Dave R.

I am somewhat confused.:confused:

People always say a Burner is a board that feels and turns shorter than it really is. Why not just ride something shorter. If you want something longer, why not have a custom builder build a board with a softer, non-split tail and have him put extra insterts in the front? It should feel the same I would guess.

they deserve a spot with boards like the Madds

at the time they first hit they were the hottest **** in their respective catagory

I blew up more than one burner, they are not the most rugged boards ever built but they still hold their own against alot of the newer boards out there

Bruce does not like building splits because they are a ton of extra labour(he puts inserts in the tail and this nifty removable plate)

if you don't like burners or don't get it, that's fine, many of us have a love for those boards based on how they ride, it's a personal thing

they do have a unique feel that is hard do duplicate, totally unique

kinda like some people dig classic bikes, there are Indian guys for example, it's prretty common knowledge that Indians were inferior to the competion but some yahoos still loved them.

same thing here

Willywhit has 2 NEW 197's he's sitting on...

He's a madd trader....

'tis true and I hardly ever ride them. If I could find the right board to replace it with, I might be willing to part with the pink one. I don't think it's ever been ridden. I always take big blue.