Note to New Members ×

Soon to have a new car. SOOOO Excited

Justin A.

Off topic, of course...

Why would you buy a new vehicle to take off-road? Modify for off-road?

It's going to be a daily driver too, just there are alot of places that we go fairly often that call for a real offroad vehicle. Why wouldn't you buy a new vehicle to take off road if that is what it was meant for? Its like saying that you shouldn't take your Enzo, Elise, R1, Porsche 911 GT3, ect. to a racetrack.

Trying to picture someone taking an Enzo to a track day... now that's having disposable income.

Walked out of work last week to discover a bright yellow Lamborghini Gallardo in the parking lot, local plates. Thought it was a kit car at first but nope. I can't imagine driving something like that with about 2mm ground clearance over our pothole-ridden streets. $US166K before options.

Off topic, of course...

Why would you buy a new vehicle to take off-road? Modify for off-road?

because it is fun...use to have a 89 jeep..my daily driver but lucky for me there was a number of old logging trails behind my house...so much fun...that jeep was about 5 years old when I got it but if I was to buy a new one today I would still take it off road. The only thing you will have to remember is "If you want to play you have to pay"....I snapped leaf springs, took out shocks, trashed rims and punctured a few tires...but it was all worth it

• 5 months later...
because it is fun...use to have a 89 jeep..my daily driver but lucky for me there was a number of old logging trails behind my house...so much fun...that jeep was about 5 years old when I got it but if I was to buy a new one today I would still take it off road. The only thing you will have to remember is "If you want to play you have to pay"....I snapped leaf springs, took out shocks, trashed rims and punctured a few tires...but it was all worth it

justin, this isn't your gf, is it ???

post-123-14184223165_thumb.jpg

... the eternally blonde Sarah drove down a bus trap once. These are huge pits in the road meant to stop cars using bus routes, buses are wide enough to go across them but cars fall in.

So Sarah is driving along yapping to her boyfriend on her cell, and completely misses all the huge signs that are posted at the trap saying "STOP! GO BACK! DON"T GO IN HERE!", falls down the trap and says to Will "Oh, I think I just fell down a big pothole..." (that required a towtruck to get her out).

I laughed my a$$ off for days about that one. At least this time, she wasn't leaving my garage door wide open all day, or trying to burn my house down ...