Note to New Members ×

Dee-luxe Indy Used once(for real)

TrenchDigger

Here are my, used ONCE, literally! Dee-luxe Indys' Mondo size 28. I tried the measure your foot on a piece on paper technique that Bomber recommended and came up with the size 28 Mondo. They are far too small and were very uncomfortable, I could only stand about two hours in them. I did like the stiff shell, it transfered board feel amazingly well. I also liked the crazy forward lean, it made going edge to edge effortless.

I posted these here about two weeks ago but only included the factory pic. Now included are actual pictures. Notice the "made in Hungary" sticker on the bottom of the right boot. This sticker would not have survived more than one use equal to two hours of riding. Note also, that there are virtually no scratches on the shell. I did mold the Thermoflex liners once, the manufacturer says you can mold them seven or so times. I will ship them in the box that they were shipped to me in.

I paid $395 for them. I think that is still the close out price here at Bomber. I am asking $325 for them, you pay shipping. Any questions reply to this post or you can email me directly if it is something private you need to talk about at afisher@dedicatedre.com I have a PayPal account if you are worried about secure payment. If you want to use a personal check which I would rather not do, I will wait untill the check is cleared before I ship.

TrenchDigger

a.k.a. Aron Fisher

post-2565-141842220478_thumb.jpg

post-2565-141842220479_thumb.jpg

post-2565-14184222048_thumb.jpg

I have two really different sized feet, that is part of my problem buying boots and shoes. I wear an 11 on my left and a 10 on my right. The right boot fits pretty good but my left foot was miserable. I thought that the Thermo liners would compensate for the size difference but it just wasn't enough. I will go with the 29's for sure. I would rather have my right foot a little big than have any of them too small.

TrenchDigger

Jahmi, measure the length of your foot in cm to be sure. But at size 9.5, 28 is probably too big for you. BOL has a good guide.

My Nikes are 9.5 and I very comfortable wear a sise 25 Suzuka w/ Thermo liners. The only shell mod was to accomodate a bone spur... no real stretching. If I wanted to stretch shells a little I bet I could fit into a 24.

Thank you for the advice guys. I took the measurement as shown in the link provided and it looks like I'm a 26.

I find that interesting because my ski boot have always been 27 or 28 shell sizes. Do the thremo liners allow you to get away with a smaller shell or is Deelux shell sizing just a little bit larger?

Sorry about the thread hijack trenchdigger.

I followed the Bomber directions too and ordered the wrong size. My foot measured 28cm almost exactly. I followed the Thermo liner directions to the letter. I was never so uncomfortable in my life for those two hours. If you do order a 26 with a size 9.5-10 foot you will probably be posting your used once boots on here too..... or maybe not. I certainly won't take that chance again.

TrenchDigger

Just goto any local ski shop or REI and measure your mondo size. Almost every ski/board shop has a sizer, and they can usually check your width too. Skip the whole paper/pencil trace method and definately don't try buying based on your shoe size.

There is little room for error in a correctly fitting boot. You'll be in pain if they are too big and too small obviously will never work. No amount of liner fitting or orthodics is going to fix wearing a wrong sized boot.

Also note personal comfort/fit is a matter of personal taste, too. Some like it tighter than others (and even thickness of sock make a difference).

My feet both measure 27.3 cm so I followed the recommendations and bought a 27 mondo Suzuka. I was a bit concerned when I did the shell test and they looked a bit too big (Shell test -Remove the liner, put your socked foot into the shell, and see how much room is behind your heal and the back of the shell. Should be only around 2cm). I molded the liners and used them for 4 days. They were too big. I ended up buying a mondo 26 Suzuka, molded them, and they fit PERFECT. I took quite a loss on the 27 Mondo, but at least I ended up with a great fitting boot (the 26) and a fellow BOL carver got an awesome deal on the 27 mondo boots, with 4 days on them, that I sold here last spring.

That's my long way of saying, even the mondo sizing isn't fail-safe. My 27.3cm feet required a 26 mondo boot to be tight enough that my feet didn't move around.

I also have very wide feet size 9.5 10, only New Balance shoe has a 4D for very wide feet... anyways I also have 27+ cm feet i bought suzukas 27 mondo wishing would of sent the back, but am happy with them now that i have gotten used to a little slop:biggthump ...so go with the 26 this should be perfect...

I might be interested in a trade! How old are those boots? Are they in good condition?

Mine are brand f'n new dude, I have had a bunch of people trying to lowball me on these, trades I will consider, $250 for a $500 boot I will not. I can list these on ebay and get what I want for them, I just thought I would offer to the patrons of Bomber first. To answer the other posters question about what size street shoes I wear, 10.5-11 depending on the maker. I have two seriously different sized feet too.

TrenchDigger

Before you sell/give them away, you should go see an experienced bootfitter. You would be best served by having your feet properly aligned / supported by some custom insoles / orthotics. Having the thermofit done by someone that knows what they're doing is the way to go if you're new to this. I have D width, size 12.5-13 feet & ride in 27 shell Raichles with custom footbeds & thermofits, PERFECT!! Just my $.02 :)

I have the Black Head Stratos Pro just like the ones on Bomber size 29.5. I bought them at the beginning of last season. The left boot has a gash from being ran over by an idiot. Other than that they have scuff's from kicking them together to get the snow off the bottom. They come with both sets of race tongues, extra set of heel and toe pads, in the original box. There is a Dominator Wax sticker on the lower inside portion of both boots but those are easy to take off. Because they were used for one season I am willing to pay extra for your boots. Post your E-Mail and I will send you some pics Tomorrow.

They were the ultimate 80's Metal band! However, they did produce quite a few albums in the 90's too. They just released their lastest album a few months ago. There new CD is absolutley (IMO) their best one yet! Remeniscent of their early stuff like Seasons in the Abyss and Reign in Blood, especially now that Dave Lambardo is back behind the drum set. This album has a newer sound to it so it is a little more current, as far as that genre goes. There is a song, track #5 called Jihad. It talks about the attacks on the World Trade Center and the relation of the Muslim faith to the mind set of the "Martyrs." At the end of the song there is a spoken word monologue with excerpts taken from the actual final instructions left for the suicide pilots by Osama bin Laden. Here is a sample of one of the verses, and the spoken word at the end. Make your own judegments.

War of holy principles

I'm seeking God's helping your destruction

Slit the throat of heathen man

And let his blood dilute the water

Bury your dead!

[spoken:]

Be optomistic, happy, and calm

Show no fear or anxiety

Smile at the face of God

And your reward will be eternity

Holy warriors

Your patience will be justified

Everything is for Him

You must not comfort the animal before you kill it

Strike as champions at the heart of the non-believers

Strike above the neck and at all extremities

For this is a point of no return for Almighty God

God will give victory to his faithful servants

When you reach ground zero you will have killed the enemy

The Great Satan!

I knew they still did some things in the 90's, but it had lost something. I thought South of Heaven was great and their last great album and then they kind of got lost. I'll have to check out this new one and see if they pulled it back together. I don't mind an updated sound as bands 'mature', but sometimes they lose that special something that drew a person to them in the first place. Metallica is a good example. I pretty much stopped buying albums after ...And Justice For All, which I think was the last of their great albums (OK, Garage Days re-revisited was fun, too). After that, it just became Rock and Roll rather than metal. Still great stuff if you listened to it with that in mind and accepted it, but it you yearned for the stuff that was the reason for listening to them in the first place, it was back to Kill 'em All, Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightening, etc.

OK, I guess we can finally let this thread die since the boots were sold. I don't get over to the Off-Topic section much, but this is starting to look like one of those threads. At least it was you, Trenchdigger, that continued the hijacking of your own thread and the product had been sold anyway. :biggthump Glad you got them sold. As I mentioned in the thread, I can feel your pain. I wore a pair of 27 Suzuka for 4 days and then had to sell them for 26s. Took a pretty good hit on that, but my feet, and the skin on them, were worth it and I'm glad I did it. So much better getting the perfect fit!