Note to New Members ×

In helmut speakers

Bobby Buggs

You can buy replacement earflaps with built-in earphones for the Giro 9.9.

Some links to get your info you need:

Skullcandy

I just ordered an industrial white Sweet Trooper S1 Fullcut with a soundpad (my last helmet, a Dainese, was slightly damaged after a skier ran into my back last season, so no risks with this one).

I know Burton (RED) has them even with a bluetooth set in it.

Greets, Hans.

seems to me the best bet is to get some good fitting in-ear phones. Only problem is those is they block too much sound.

You're right. I only use them in the lift and shut down my MP3 at the slopes, but my cellphone is on then.

Greets, Hans.

I have fuse with the tune-ups but the sound quality... well lets just say its not great. I was thinking about Mcguivering some new speakers to fit in the Tune ups. If you know a helmut that really has great sound let me know.

The way I look at it, Im going to have music going for 4 to 5 hours, it might as well sound awsome

Hans, is there any venting in that Sweet. Looks very nice. Where would I get one of those here in the states.

Don't know where to get them in the USA. The venting is in front of the helmet. The one I ordered is this one: Trooper with a visor and a ventsolution you can close/open. You can send them an email may be there is a distributor in the USA. I can get one for you but they are expensive with a bad dollar/EUR rate nowadays. The normal Trooper fullcut is about EUR 189.00

Greets, Hans.

I almost bought fuse today, but I didn't. relieved, I shoud've done more research. (checking bomber forum's always the best idea. :1luvu: )

So, I did some research.

bobby_bugs,, when did you get your fuse? It seems this years earpads are different than last year.

And,, I found R.E.D. has subwooper earpads , have anyone tried them yet?

Hans, how about sound quality of your new sweet trooper?

My Fuse is 3 seasons old :o The new Fuse has the wireless Bluetooth headset from Motorola. I bet it sounds better than what I currently have but I dont want to have to bring a power strip :eek: to charge my music, phones, headset...ect AND if I were to forget to charge my headset have it die during the day. Now that would totally suck. I like the fact I dont have to plug in my Lid :cool:

I just picked up a Pro-Tec descent and the !%!#$%@#$ earflaps dont even come anywhere near my ears

I took them out and listened, and aside from not being loud, they are clear and passable quality wise, but the !%#!@#%% dont come anywhere near my earholes!

wtf?

lame. completely lame.

do not buy Pro-Tec.

yeah..just fit some quality earbuds in your helmet earflaps. good idea.

Sorry DSub that sucks. I've got the Audex's on the way. I'm interested to see whether they'll work as well as my Ovo Titan. It's too bad Ovo went out of business, the helmets were killer. I understand you can get good deals on ebay for them. However no audio AFAIK.

I've got a deal brewing that might bring some new helmets to the US......I'll let you know if they compare to the Motorola setup in the Burton.

I've got a pair of headphones with the earpieces wired to the outside of the earflaps (actually, wired into the mesh grid, staying about an inch away) and the head(loop, thing that usually goes over your head)piece going through the clip at the back that also holds my gogglestrap.

Basically, this means that they headphones are about 2 inches away from my ears, and I have to listen at _very_ high volumes (as in high volume settings). It also means that I can hear everything around me, no problem.

This was a $10 solution, and it works for me. I guess eventually I'm going to break the headphones, but oh well.

Guest kennyusmc

I took a pair of giro/skullcandy tuneup II's took them apart and put them in this helemt http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=11738&highlight=burton+helmet . You can find the tuneup 2's all over the net for around ten bucks ...it has a mic for phone calls and a volume control and you can use it with your ipod/ mp3 player and either a family radio or an micro jack phone. I found a place on hte web that has the micro jack to usb converter so I can use my motorola razr. work great ... so now make any non-audio helmet into one.

9.00 ear buds from any local wal-mart, target, electronics department or whereever. You just have to retrofit your earflaps and do a minor bit of needlework with some thread.

Don't spend 140.00+ on "tuneups" or any that crap.

I have tuneups in my Giro G10mx they sound wicked.....they were only $49.00...used sony earbuds before(mounted headphones into my ear flaps on my lid as well for a try last year)...NO COMPARISON....the tuneups rock!!!

From my opinion Koss portapro has the best sound by far. Escpecially when it comes to MP3s. The speakerpart is just a clip-on-clip of thing so i placed a piece of double adhevsive inside my earlflaps on my Sweet Trooper and pressed the speakers against and got a very in nice "in flight enterteinemnt system". Price of the koss in sweden aprox 40 usd. I have used them in other helmets as well without any probs. When I tried helmets with built in speakers the quality of sound always disapoint me whcih makes Koss a strong proposition.

Carve low and enjoy your tunes!

post-506-141842220459_thumb.jpg

After trying out the Giro with the speakers, I'm not a huge fan of riding with music, but if I were to ride, I'd like something like this Skullcandy backpack (the speakers in the straps - the rest of the pack looks useless for any BC stuff which is the only time I really wear a pack).

packsBlackWhite.jpg

Willy, nice posting the picture of Stormchaser. Talk about generating a ****storm of online forum hate/rage/stupidity. It took me about 2 hours to read all the threads/history on TGR and K-zone yesterday. Funny story.

dude, I don't even know if that WAS SC with the finger moustache. I thought it was interesting that it got taken down from the icons tho. It really was , and still is, quite the Jerry Springer drama/comedy show. It even carried over to KZONE. I hope it snows soon and get off these silly boards.

Saw the new Meatheads film Snow Gods last night and drank beers with

Randy "THE HAMMER" Grasso from Big K. Good times~

So, back on topic:

I need a bluetooth compatible mp3 player for my new Red HIFI helmet. I may swap out my current sprint phone for a Razor or something bluetooth but not too concerned out cell phone calls on the hill.

I can run the little wire to my current mp3 but I wanna go wireless.

The DJ headphones wireless would rock for riding the train.

WHO KNOWS of a good bluetooth MP3 player out there ?

post-123-141842220469_thumb.jpg