Note to New Members ×

#two

snowboardfast

PureBoarding / not PureCarving.

Might take a quick look here for ideas.

I have one 158 cm left. I know of no dealers in the USA. I can save US / Canadian riders quite a bit on the total price.

I spoke recently with Joerg and he said the 152cm and 164cm were in production.

I do not believe those sizes were available at SES 2007 , so , that makes it unlikely anyone has ridden the 164cm version.

Demos are pretty unlikely unless you are in Switzerland.

You can email me directly of details. 500$ Shipped Priority Mail.

Has anyone ridden#two the board available on the pure carving website? If so would it be similar to a Burton 163 e deck or a Prior 4x4? It looks like a fun all around board. I would probably want to try the 164 if I had the chance.

FYI- I have not ridden the "Black Beauty" , due to my weight and perferences. However, I have had all the boards mentioned in my hands. From riding the Prior and flexing the E Deck. I would offer this general comment. Lighter that the 4x4 , stiffer than the E Deck. Very light and snappy. Interesting nose shape and very well built. This is allot of board compared to the E Deck. I would expect it to be even more lively than both boards , probably not quite as damp as the Prior. However, this is based on weight and hand flexing only. The Black Beauty uses:

Sandwich-Construction

Mixwoodencore vertically glued

Triaxiale Fiber, Carbon-+Cevlar-Support in Upper-/Lowerbelt

Nano Highspeed-Base

Shock absorber in the edges, front and tail-area

Handcrafted

snowboardfast I spent a few hours at Sugarloaf on the 158. The board is not a beginner board, it has one of the stiffest torso's of any board I've ever ridden. The board is super snappy, not really damp and would a ride a lot stiffer and is far more lively than an E deck or 4X4. The board can carve but I found that you need good conditions to be able to ride the board and push it. I had a ton of shattering with the board, I know that mostly had to do with me needing to adjust my riding style to a board that is made for EC'ing. Once you turn the board on edge it hooks up right away, it felt longer than a 158 for sure because of the stiff torso. I didn't care for the board because it didn't fit my ridding style and I couldn't control it. The Madd's fits my style a lot better than the#2.

Bola is right, the factory is in the Alps and the company has been making sticks there for longer than most of us have been on snow.

Joerg is kind of a legend in Switzerland and has some great friends in the snowsports industry. He handpicks the designers and production crew and makes sure that all the Pureboards are top notch.

If you are interested take up Bryan on his offer it's a good price. The next ones that are coming over will be more than those..........stay tuned.

Wonder why no one tells that Pale makes them :)

Its not a shame to produce in Pale: it all depends to what u ask them to put inside, and the cost will raise almost logarythmically! ( prod costs start at 60 euros for a woodcore board, and can raise up to 300!

Pale is able to make the cheapest boards in the world, as well as the best if the customer asks for it... ( i am assuming the #2 is made there since i know no other factory in austria besides burton).. You'd be surprise how many board makers use Pale factory... its the biggest worldwide with Elan factory in ...slovenia (?)

Other famous boards everyone is talking about in here also come from Pale :) but shhhhhh :)

This said, i'd love to test ride a #2 ! Always loved the Pureboarding spirit with their #1, and they are great chaps!

N.

I look forward to the feedback from those that have purchased these "Black Beauty" boards. They have all sold. Thanks for the interest!! Be sure to look up the Pureboarding Crew at SES 07 , I am certain they will be more than happy to show you their gear and methods. Thanks,

Update: As of my last conversation with Joerg yesterday the boards are not being made in the Pale factory. Although I agree with you Nils, who cares? The value of a board is not in where it is made, but who designed, built, and tuned it. Anyone with some technical knowledge can put a snowboard together.

(Jumping onto soapbox)

What sets the good boards apart from the bad is the not the construction process, not the construction, but the supervisor. Not necessarily how much glass, but where, what direction, how thick, etc. When you start looking at a snowboard as a total package instead of comparing the parts, you start getting closer to the ideal comparison for all snowboards. The guys that are building the best snowboards are the ones that are putting the most time into the sport. There is an amazing treasure of knowledge among the riders that frequent BOL. It is great to be a part of this community where the builders and the riders have open lines of communication. Have an awesome season!

• 2 weeks later...

The legendary TWO (158cm )is getting company. Pure Boarding is building new length. 152cm and 164cm. So now every carver long or short can experience the TWO! The boards will be arriving in December. -More information at:

www.pureboarding.com

I am SOLD OUT!! Please contact Pureboarding directly for additional boards until further notice. Thanks again, to those who scooped up the ones I had.

The legendary TWO (158cm )is getting company. Pure Boarding is building new length. 152cm and 164cm. So now every carver long or short can experience the TWO! The boards will be arriving in December. -More information at:

www.pureboarding.com

I am SOLD OUT!! Please contact Pureboarding directly for additional boards until further notice. Thanks again, to those who scooped up the ones I had.

maybe im starting to get old early, but i really had to squint to see *he was holding two boards in each hand and not one board with monsterous taper in each hand!

• 4 months later...

I think the specs are very close to the oxygen 164sx.

I love my oxy SX. I ride it with very low angles.

OxygenSX

Overall Length (cm): 164

Running Length (cm): 136.5

Effective Edge (cm): 140.1

Stance Width (cm): 24.6

Tip Width (cm): 29.0

Waist Width (cm): 24.0

Tail Width (cm): 29.0

Tip Height (cm): 5.5

Tail Height (cm): 3.0

Side Cut Radius (m): PROG. 9.5/8.5

Stance Range (cm): 41-57

Stance Offset (cm): 3.5

Weight Range (kg): 60-100+

I've got about 8 days on mine, 6 in 6-12" of powder, 2 on soft groomers. Running 45/35 angles, no overhang with my 25 MP boots. Lively, nimble, and stable. Good float in the pow. The nose is a little soft, but I think you'll find that in any all mt. carver. Compared to the Prior 4WD I had, it felt more stable at speed, and more forgiving in varible conditions. I've got the 158, and as someone mentioned, it rides longer then it is. I have'nt got to ride in on firm groomers yet, so cant comment there. I love the board and it's "surfy" feel. :biggthump