Note to New Members ×

Burton m6 asym+new rider

Guest Wildfrogman

Ok, so I wont worry about the board...though those "snow stix inserts" sounds interesting..being able to make a board stiffer sounds interesting. Anyways, for soft boards like this ski boots wouldnt be too stiff would it? My ski boots are fairly soft and I can adjust them and make them somewhat softer flexing.

my first alpine board new in 1990 and I used my rear entry raichle skiboots. I had a blast and wish I still had the board. Its a great place to start. In a year or to you'll want to upgrade to more moodern gear but for now just enjoy. If it sucks you can blame it on the old gear or the wrong boots:biggthump

there is a lot of cheap gear out there newer than that when you are ready. If you have the blue and white model I would love to talk about it and maybe do some trading I would love to have an M6 for old time sake.

Guest Wildfrogman

Well, sorry to say I dont plan on selling it. A friend will be inheriting it if I get new equipment aswell though its nice to see some people like the old asym boards. It'll be interesting though riding an old board...somebody will probably think its strange, perhaps they've never seen the old asym boards yet :freak3: ohwell, sometimes its cool being different :)

Guest Wildfrogman

That sounds pretty cool, almost sounds like a trend to go oldschool atleast for a bit~fun etc. The people that hate asyms probably are like "die already asym die! :smashfrea..why wont it die?" and instead gaining new riders crossing over from skiing on old cheap~free asyms that can use skiboots lol.

... instead gaining new riders crossing over from skiing on old cheap~free asyms that can use skiboots lol.

Gear is IMHO quite important though! It has nothing to do with asym boards but when I did the cross over from skiing, I rented in a very small resort a board with hard bindings but this board was more suitable for softboots. Then, they gave me ski boots. It was a long time ago but I know that if I hadn't have rented better gear before that, I might have never rented alpine snowboard later on because this day was just a big pain.

Maybe with carving skis, ski boots have changed,,but if you have the chance to get alpine snowboots, better it is!