Note to New Members ×

searching for Ottawa hardbooters

Guest pat

I'm looking for people to ride with. I'm from Ottawa and I spend most of my time at Mont. Cascade.

Post here and maybe we can get something going. It would be really fun to find people in the region that share the same interest for alpine boarding.

Great, hope to see some of you guys soon. How is fortune as far as carving goes? I've never been there on a alpine board. I actually havn't been there in a while, are there any steep hills comparable to expedition at cascade?

Camp Fortune is acceptable for alpine riding, as long as you can deal with the often crowded slopes. I ride Fortune mainly because of the short distance to drive, and the $100 season pass. Like most local hills, short SL boards can make the most of the lack of vertical.

I noticed your looking for some equipment, any luck finding what you want locally?

NB isn't really local. Have you called Mountain Masters? They might have some stuff, not sure though. Also Sharks and Obsession in Montreal are good too, during the season.

I just picked up a Prior from Dan LaChance in Tremblant as per this thread: http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=11965, sweet deals!

Pat, I remeber Dan Lachance in Tremblant had 2 brand new Volkl boards... don't remember the lenght though... I think they are 163.

U can also try Obsession shop in Laval (obshop.com). They used to sell alpine gear a few years ago and they still have a few things. I saw a Oxygen Proton 168 (I think it was...) . Brand new, still in wraper. It's not the latest model, but they are really negotiable since the stock is kept in the stockroom and they want to get rid of everything!!!! And they probably still have boots too ! I bought Burton Fire boots last year for 200$ CDN (quite a good deal)

Give them a call to check for yourself.

U can also try Obsession shop in Laval (obshop.com). They used to sell alpine gear a few years ago and they still have a few things. I saw a Oxygen Proton 168 (I think it was...) . Brand new, still in wraper. It's not the latest model, but they are really negotiable since the stock is kept in the stockroom and they want to get rid of everything!!!!

I second that. A few years ago I bought a brand new Sims Burner for half price at their Montreal store. The model was something like 2 years old, but it was untouched. Apparently one of the last ones Sims produced.

'later...

skategoat, how much would you want for that board? Are you leaving the bindings on also? If so how much would you be looking for? See the thing with me is that I ride with ski boots and leave em as loose as I can. I'm a ski instructor so whenever my kids or groups dont show up its real easy to slap the board on and go riding without changing boots, I know its not the best but it saves time since the lessons are usually one hour and switching boots cuts down on board time. What I'm getting to is that I cant have step in bindings.

• 4 months later...