Note to New Members ×

Old Snowboards & Related Wanted

Snowboard_Museum

:lurk: Private collector buying old snowboards 15 years and older!! No boards are resold for profit. Over 250 of our vintage snowboards are on public display in the Hoodoo Mountain Lodge in Sisters, Oregon.

I am looking for the following:

• Snurfers

• Wintersticks

• Sims Kidwells, Sims swallowtails Sims FE & 1500s, Ultimates

• Sims Lonnie loft yellow Bannanas

• Any old Burton(pre-90) Mystery airs

• Kelly airs, safaris & the like

• wooden boards such as Backhills, Performers, Backyards,

• Barfoots, Storm, Nectar, Powderstick

• Flite

• Saunzee

• And most other old school related items.

Also looking for old Action Now magazines, pre 84 skateboard mags(sep-jan issues) 1966-71 Boys Life mags(oct-jan) and Old International Snowboard magazines(ISM), contest bibs or related items.Please send good photos of the top and bottom and your selling price to two2play@juno.com

post-2729-141842217505_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217507_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217509_thumb.jpg

<<does bryan have some competition here? :D >>

I have no comment about Sutherland. I own over 700 boards and counting excluding over 70 boards being shipped in June from Europe.

<<nice looking collection>>

thank you. We want the general public to share the collection with us. Doen't do any good to own them and then keep them hidden from public view. We do not consider them an investment as some do. To us they are a tie and tribute to the past.

Right now at Hoodoo reside the first Kemper made by David Kemper, the Sport 2000 made by Phillipe Payet (of Apocalypse Surf) one of 2 prototype Nideckers from 84, the only complete 1st year Morrow collection, Craig Kellys Burton racing performer ( he never raced it. It was a gift from Burton after he joined the team) and a lot more in the managers office wating to go up.

Coming from Europe, 5 more Pogos, Local Motions, Muria Mucho Dinero, 2 swell Paniks (Amok & Magistral 185XSW) and a lot more.

post-2729-141842217512_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217514_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217518_thumb.jpg

You have me mixed up with dennis nazari. I seldom bid on american ebay auctions unless I know the seller. And most serious collecters have almost all of the american made boards. I have most plus some like that Gnu swallowtail & Kemper that no one has. Other countries have been producing snowboards in one form or another as long as america. No one else showcases European boards. I read posts about Pogos on this board but I doubt anyone owns as many as I do. One of the best boards made as far as I am concerned. I have a reefer that I ride when conditions permit and when I want to blow peoples mind.

The photo is below.

post-2729-141842217528_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217529_thumb.jpg

post-2729-14184221753_thumb.jpg

dennis is U12, right?

I like that you have a few looks in the collection - one of these days when the gear budget is replenished I need to get a couple of those.

I only made that statement as you and I have gone up against each other on a couple of ebay auctions (like the Litigator 2 days ago)

-unless someone else uses your name.

mldr1230 is you eh? I just bid on it because it was a Lib. Very nice boards but I only collect the real old ones from the late 80's. You should ride it. Libs are a bit soft but they ride very well none the less.

Dennis is u12, republicansarecrooked, snowboardmuseum although I own the domain & name so I use the _com version. He seldom uses his version of snowboardmuseum anymore. Dennis has a nice collection, so does Sutherland. I just choose not to associate with them. We live different lifestyles and have different reasons why we collect.

the republicansarecrooked ID history

User IDEffective DateEnd DaterepublicansarecrookedAug-21-04Present hookin-u-upJun-18-03Aug-21-04suzysellmoreFeb-13-02Jun-18-03punkillerJan-14-02Feb-13-02u12Jun-13-99Jan-14-02beatyalMar-22-99Jun-13-99

and the U12 history

User IDEffective DateEnd Dateu12Feb-13-02Present intermountainpawnJan-14-02Feb-13-02saltypeaksJun-29-99Jan-14-02slatypeaks@csolutions.netFeb-16-99Jun-29-99

I bought it for a powder board...thought it looked pretty good...and $100 sure beats the hell out of buying a new board just for powder. plus I have a special place in my heart for Lib - first "real" sponsor I had...still have a couple of inner-courses left over from my racing days. Wish I had my doughboys still. :eplus2:

In order of the photos:

Message # 10, Pogos that are at Hoodoo but not up. A hand made snowboard, circa 1982 from a cabinet maker friend of ours in Germany by the name of Meik Syring. He made several of these and variations of them for himself and friends. I was lucky enough to get two of them from him. The third board is a Swell Panik which I plan on riding before it goes up.

Message #9 has a Pogo Dreadlock, a Free surf from 86 and a Radical Slalom from 86.

Message #8 has a photo of my personal reefer (green) and the wife’s dreadlock symmetric. The far right photo is a Snow Surfboard from 1986

The bottom photo taken at my son’s home before Matt from Hoodoo picked these up are from left to right, 86 Variflex snowslider, 1979 Snow Fish from Switzerland, 89 Morrow Tremor, 81 Ayack ( from Japan), 85 Gnu Swallowtail and a common lamar.

the photos with this post include an A-team snowboard, a Sno-Skidder made in 87 for kids, the standard snurfers & Skifer as well as a last model Snurfer.

post-2729-141842217789_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217794_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217797_thumb.jpg

I bought it for a powder board...thought it looked pretty good...and $100 sure beats the hell out of buying a new board just for powder. plus I have a special place in my heart for Lib - first "real" sponsor I had...still have a couple of inner-courses left over from my racing days. Wish I had my doughboys still. :eplus2:

I have an Inner-Course at Hoodoo along with a Doughboy, Pacifier and Litagator. All first year boards along with the infamous Shalom board. You can never go wrong buying a Lib in my book. I have a Apocalypse 176 Big Stick which I like but my favorite is still one of my Kelly Slopestyles. I have several that I keep rotating around. If you get to whistler or later this month to meadows when I visit the grandkids, look for a guy riding with a noose as a lease. That will be me.

post-2729-141842217798_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217801_thumb.jpg

You were sponsored by lib back in the day? DId you check out the photo of the swallowtail Gnu I have at Hoodoo? Mike Olsen wrote me and asked how I managed to get my hands on one since the few made were in his hands. This one was pulled from the press by a friend who worked at Gnu when it started.

very nice collection. Im glad you found this site alright! transworld snowboarding is not the place for this post. Most of them barely even know a snowboard from those plastic toys they sell at Walmart. Some of those boards youve got look like great fun to ride, i could never collect them. id find myself taking them up to find out exactly why they didnt catch on! especially the psychedellic painted dreadlocks and reefers.

very nice collection. Im glad you found this site alright! transworld snowboarding is not the place for this post. Most of them barely even know a snowboard from those plastic toys they sell at Walmart. Some of those boards youve got look like great fun to ride, i could never collect them. id find myself taking them up to find out exactly why they didnt catch on! especially the psychedellic painted dreadlocks and reefers.

I have ridden quite a few of the boards. Several of the Pogos are our personal ones. They ride great in all conditions. The thing about Euro boards like the Reefer & Dreadlocks are they are similar to the old Nitro Diablos. They are a race inspired board but still have the freestyle nose & tail. And in both cases they are asym boards. That is a time which was short lived at best. Pogo makes great swallowtails and longboards. I have an original Kamakazi along with a Shaman, Secret Spot and I awaiting the new Maverick 230. We also have a couple of hardcores waiting to be shipped in June to us and a 3 style I just won at ebay in germany.

The board that would be fun to try to ride is the Sport 2000 by Phillipe Payet. It is that wood board above the backhill & kemper. these are two of the boards awaiting transport to Hoodoo.

By the way, in my opinion, if at all possible, ride the boards you collect at least once if you have never ridden one before.

post-2729-141842217861_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217862_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217863_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

oldboards01.jpg

Barfoot freestyle, Lopez sweet inspiration, CKair, Sims 1711, Hooger booster

Nice quiver you have there. I love the barfoot. Chuck knew how to make a board and I love the colors he had. I have several on display and they never fail to get attention. He never received the reconigtion he deserved. He was the Sims board company.

The Lopez is just great. I bought two from the old North Shore shop in Bend years ago. One is a puke green and white and the other is orange and white.

We ran into him at the bottom of the Summit lift at Mt. Bachelor. He was helping his son into his bindings. The man can ride.

DOES ANYBODY know what years SIMS was making the snowboards that had the topsheet look of a HOBIE longboard?...I see them evry once in awhile on ebay but have never been able to score one......I guess they are old School?

thoughts? :lurk:

are you referring to this one in the Photo?If so it is from 96 or so.

post-2729-141842217889_thumb.jpg

post-2729-14184221789_thumb.jpg

post-2729-141842217892_thumb.jpg

I may make a pigrimage to the holyshrine of the HOODOOvoodoo like you do so well this fall...eastcoaster is ging west to visit me brudder in Bend , Oregon .I think thats near Sisters right?......anyhow me brudder is the Lutheran Paastor of Shepherd of the Hills, and the address is Sisters.......Has property really gone sky high out there?.....Thos eSims boards are really sweet looking...feed the vision, and surf the earth....... :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

HEY.......before you ditch that older board that you just cant bear the graphics on.....checkout this wild italian site..this guy makes slins you adhere to the board ..the graphics are sometimes stunnning.....they have an oldschool Hobie design........

www.tattooboards.com neat technology also............ :p :biggthump :p