Note to New Members ×

N.I.C.E. 2016

kram

January 19th - 24th.

Discounted lift tickets. Lodging discounts. Free Nastar with snowboard gates. Photo and video shoots. On mountain BBQ. Limbo in the terrain park. After ride parties. T shirts.

it’s kinda fun.

Edited by kram
  • Like 1

Mark, can you post some info on the lodging and tickets, once you get the antennae on your phone adjusted again?

I think it will be all worked out by the weekend. In years past I think the lodging was a 10% discount and the lift tickets were 20%. There are some lift tickets on liftopia. I don’t know yet if our discount will be better.

I just booked airfare to Spokane for Wednesday 1/20.

Is anyone renting a house? Would like a room if available.

Awesome!

I'm going to look into renting a house -- ideally, the same house as last year, which was really nice and worked out great. Is there anyone else in your party? 

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

Garrett, if you're coming, we'll find you a room! :)

I'll try to book the same place we had last year - it sleeps about 18. Here's a link: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p930048

Last year, the property manager charged per person, so it worked out pretty affordable -- looks like that's still how she works, so fingers crossed it will be reasonable. 

Only wrinkle: I can only attend from Jan 20-24, so those are the dates I'll book - you're on your own for Monday/Tuesday night. Will that work for you? 

OK folks, sadly we will not have a French chef in the house this year, we'll just have to make do the best we can. :-)

I talked to the property manager and was able to reserve the same house as last year. :biggthump Final cost is dependent on headcount, but assuming we get 8 people in the house for 4 days, it will come out to about $50 per person per night. 

• Like 1

OK folks, sadly we will not have a French chef in the house this year, we'll just have to make do the best we can. :-)

I talked to the property manager and was able to reserve the same house as last year. :biggthump Final cost is dependent on headcount, but assuming we get 8 people in the house for 4 days, it will come out to about $50 per person per night. 

No way! I thought for sure he’d be a returner. Didn't he buy a new board right after?

I'd stay a night or 2 if you need another body to get price down (or stay for/after the party :eplus2: )

Otherwise I live 30 min. from the NICE house and could offer a couch, or mattress on the floor in the ski room :sleep:, if the house fills up.

(you could wax your board from bed  :cool:)

I'll get my 1st turns in on sunday :biggthump yeeeaaa

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 1

Mark, can you post some info on the lodging and tickets, once you get the antennae on your phone adjusted again?

It’s a 20% discount on any Schweitzer lodging.  Visit the website or call 1-877-487-4643 and use the promo code “NICE”.

It’s valid for the nights of Jan 18th-24th.

Event price tickets are $49 including tax.  I’m not sure if Liftopia is a better price or not.

Edited by kram
  • Like 1

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:05 AM

I talked to the property manager and was able to reserve the same house as last year.  :biggthump Final cost is dependent on headcount, but assuming we get 8 people in the house for 4 days, it will come out to about $50 per person per night. 

No way! I thought for sure he’d be a returner. Didn't he buy a new board right after?

Yeah, I believe he did get a new board after NICE...I'm not sure that I had a chance to see him ride it last season. Unfortunately, apparently he's blown his vacation keeping up with his wife, who had a sabbatical this fall. 

Edited by Dan

Keenan, you should come out and stay in our rental house! We might be able to carpool if our schedules line up, and after looking around pretty thoroughly last year, it would be hard to do better on a $/person/night basis than where we landed -- it will be around $50/person/night, less if we get more people. Staying on the hill is convenient to the lifts, but you have to drive down the mountain for grocery shopping anyway, and the rental is way bigger than anything on the hill. 

Keenan, you should come out and stay in our rental house! We might be able to carpool if our schedules line up, and after looking around pretty thoroughly last year, it would be hard to do better on a $/person/night basis than where we landed -- it will be around $50/person/night, less if we get more people. Staying on the hill is convenient to the lifts, but you have to drive down the mountain for grocery shopping anyway, and the rental is way bigger than anything on the hill. 

Thanks Dan!  I'm still trying to figure out if I can make it there at all.  I might have to bribe my wife with home appliances.

• Like 1