Note to New Members ×

Soft boot carving with Bomber Power Plates

RyanKnapton

Nice!

Welcome to Bomber.

I've enjoyed watching your, If you really really want to carve video.

Ron

Thanks Ron.  :)

I wasn't sure what to expect for comments on here, cuz I'm well aware that for most of you, your standards for what a great carve is... well... is substantially beyond what has ever been done on a typical park/pipe board. 

RK

You ought to congratulate yourself. The video is quite easy on the eyes, especially the ollie-to-switch carves. And for having the chutzpah to post it on a primarily hardbooting site for comment. Now throw it onto Easy Lounging or over to The Good Ride and see what they make of it!

I've been running positive angles with my Power Plates, but may be inspired now to try something in the 15/-9 neighborhood. Nicely done and a good use case for Bomber.

A pleasure to watch. It took me a while to remember where I'd seen a video of another soft boot rider who could rip like some of my old soft booting mates... and it was of course a video by the same rider.

... And for having the chutzpah to post it on a primarily hardbooting site for comment. Now throw it onto Easy Lounging ... and see what they make of it!

Stating the obvious... for many of us it's not about the stiffness of our boots, it's about how you ride the board. There's lots of similarity between the riding in this video and how many of us ride, or want to ride. I absolutely get this. I don't get rails or aerial ballet, clever though they may be.

From personal experience "Easy Lounging" find things like this rather threatening. With their world view it does not fit.