Note to New Members ×

Best Gloves On The Planet!

barryj

These!! 

https://www.menards.com/main/grocery-home/clothing-accessories/gloves/winter-gloves/rugged-wear-reg-mens-deer-grain-leather-winter-gloves/6601761/p-1444421907876-c-7085.htm?tid=6874815626241183302&ipos=21

They have mittens too. Very warm. The SnoSeal treatment is a must--not just for the waterproofing but for protection from abrasion.

Those Kincos are so pricey.:eek:

• Like 1

i wear these there intended to be lifty gloves so there pretty durable 🙂 Also this might interesting the hand draggers

"We believe in this new glove so much that we will offer a full years warranty on workmanship and also if you wear them out in the first year we will replace them free of charge, and yes that does include ski workers, guides and seasonnaires."

http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/0snowshepskiguideprotanblk

1 hour ago, bigwavedave said:

These!! 

https://www.menards.com/main/grocery-home/clothing-accessories/gloves/winter-gloves/rugged-wear-reg-mens-deer-grain-leather-winter-gloves/6601761/p-1444421907876-c-7085.htm?tid=6874815626241183302&ipos=21

They have mittens too. Very warm. The SnoSeal treatment is a must--not just for the waterproofing but for protection from abrasion.

I bought a set of these after your recommendation late last season.  Thanks for the reminder to treat them before my first day on the snow!  

I wish the Kincos had a gauntlet.  I get way too much snow up my sleeves!  They'd be my favorites if they had gauntlets.  I know, I know, stop touching the snow and/or crashing... 

I think those sewn-on patches are going to let you down if you get intimate with the snow surface on a regular basis. And no gauntlet = no deal for me.

I also got these Kincos because they claim they are waterproof but they are not at all.  Not even with Sno-Seal.  However the blank leather palm and fingers I think is the most durable design.  But I'm with Corey, even those are not enough of a gauntlet for me.

Big Wave Dave was kind enough to send me a pair of the Menard's last year and they worked well until I ripped through the cloth gauntlet.  I think I've found them locally now so will try again with Gorilla tape on the gauntlet.

Kombi Ferrous gloves are good but not cheap.

I'm with Jack in regards to the palm patches.  I've had two pairs of gloves where those kinds of patches just open up and turn into big scoops.  Of all of my mittens/gloves, the failure mode has always been tearing open a seam that has made contact with the ground (not that the thread splits, but the leather always tears around the seam).  I really wish someone would rethink how the leather palms on mittens were cut/sewn so that the seams were moved farther back on the hand and away from the palm.  Seems like it should be doable.

On another note when looking for durable gloves I always try to find out what kind of leather the palms are made of; goatskin is awesome.  My Hestra Army Leather Heli mittens have performed better than anything I've tried and on the palms you can see a lot of superficial wear, but the goatskin holds up really well (and these mittens have the fewest seams on the palms of anything I've seen).

https://jtillman.com/material-safety/tillman-university/material-science/leather-breakdown/

I have two pairs of the gauntlet style deer skin gloves.  Rebranded for the local box store.  One set of gloves and one set of mittens for the cold days.   

A water-proofing is required to keep the seams from leaking.  The leather on my gloves shows no wear after two season of use.  Never leaked even on the soggiest day at the local hill. (touch wood)

Thanks for the reminder to re-spray the gloves before the season.  All our snow keeps getting washed away...