Donation to the site on your name + shipping from NS, Canada

Virus Thunder 159
Length:              1590 mm
effective edge: 1420 mm
nose width:         215 mm
waist:                   155 mm
tail width:            210 mm
Stance width:     430 mm
Scratches on top and base from years of using but still has Virus riding, all metal parts are good and lots of camber left.

virus top.jpg

virus base.jpg

virus camber.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Corey said:

Am I reading that right? Shipping plus a donation? I'll take it. PM sent.

I'll likely pass it along with the same scheme after I have some fun with it. Great idea! 

Let me know! I've got a guy that would be perfect size for this!

• 1 year later...

I still have this! 

But wait, I'm recalling that someone contacted me about it and I didn't get back to them. Sorry to whoever that was! I'll see if I can figure it out, as they have first dibs if they haven't lost interest. 

Board in in central Canada. Snappy little thing, was fun on good snow. 

• 3 weeks later...

imho;

the next steward of any board that is gifted like this should be whomever is lucky enough to notice the next thread/post that offers to send  it forward, shortly after it is put up. and is truly stoked for the board, of course.

i think it is more respectful of and more in keeping with the spirit of the original gift.  and i think it provides the present steward and the next steward with an experience closer to the original intent.  when and who is part of the magic.  

one does not “reserve” winning anything.  one wins, or doesn’t.

a few Virus boards (that could easily have been sold) have generously been passed on this way.  if i were the original source, i would personally be discouraged if I saw people jockeying to queue for next.  maybe that’s just me.

to be clear, i am not trying  to be a downer or micro-aggress on west carven.  i am not interested in the board, either.  if i had an interest i wouldn’t opine. if anything, West has written enough about stance and other data points to make the case that it’s tailored for him.  i truly do not want my one opinion to in any way impact whatever path this board is on.  

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2021 at 12:33 AM, Corey said:

I still have this! 

But wait, I'm recalling that someone contacted me about it and I didn't get back to them. Sorry to whoever that was! I'll see if I can figure it out, as they have first dibs if they haven't lost interest. 

Board in in central Canada. Snappy little thing, was fun on good snow. 

Happy to hear about one of my old friends. I hope she is under someone's feet all the time.

howdy

i just got it from corey from mcc 2023 via johnasmo. johnasmo rode it and did not think much of it as he rode his coiler skwall just before it. i was behind him watching him in his machine like carves on the "thunder". johnasmo made it look so easy, but he said it was kinda hard work. i have the virus thunder mounted and ready to go. what if i like it?, but if i like it can i buy it?, it is sitting waiting for a good day to test it. thank you dominic for the opportunity to try and ride a board like this. and thank you corey for giving forward... i will do the same... thoughts to come...

• Like 1